We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursion Review

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Excursion Review

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon in Provo yesterday. We were there from 7/5 - 7/17 and had a great time! I'm going to break out these reviews as I have time. :) Here's what I thought of the excursions we took.

Sun and Fun Seasports - We took a one hour guided jet skiing ride with them. It was a lot of fun. It was just my husband and I on one jet ski and the guide on another and we followed a ways behind the guide. We stopped off at Dellis Cay and played on the beach a bit. It was expensive - I think it was $139 for the hour tour - and they pick you up from your resort. The non-guided time is cheaper, but with because so many places are protected and are not marked, you can't go as far. A tip: There is a 5% charge for credit cards so this is a good one for cash/travelers' checks.

Silver Deep - We took the Middle Caicos full day tour with Silver Deep. Our guide was Lucky and he was pretty good. We were not really impressed with the tour itself though. The boat was way too crowded - I had to sit behind Lucky with my feet actually on the seat because there was no place for my legs to go! Once we were on Middle Caicos, we were placed into one of two vans for the drive to the caves and then to the beach. My husband and I were each in separate vans which wasn't cool - particularly since we were on our honeymoon. The driver of the van I was in spent the entire trip pressuring us to buy his music CD and/or some baskets. He even had us stop by the little airport to play the CD to get someone to buy it (particularly irritating since my husband was in the other van and already at the beach!). The cave portion of the trip is very short (30 minutes maybe). We also had some VERY rude and obnoxious people on the trip that made it less enjoyable - and I couldn't bring myself to eat the lunch after watching these people stand next to the food, pick stuff up, lick their fingers, and repeat. The beach was incredible and the snorkeling was fun, but overall, we weren't thrilled, especially once we took the Sail Provo trips later in the trip.

Sail Provo - Sunset Wine and Cheese Cruise - We took the Wednesday night sunset cruise with Sail Provo. Dave was our captain and he was very friendly. There were only 9 people on the cruise (and one was a toddler) and everyone was so nice! There was room for everyone to spread out (52' boat!) and watch the romantic sunset. They had white and red wine available as well as rum punch and they passed plates of cheese and crackers and grapes. The cruise lasted a little over 2 hours and they played romantic oldies music the whole time. It was so great that we decided to book a snorkeling tour with them as well. Tip: You can save 10% by calling Sail Provo directly to book your trip.

Sail Provo - 1/2 day snorkeling tour - We took the Friday morning 4 hour snorkeling trip. Dave was again the captain and it was just as good as the sunset cruise. There were probably about 12 people this time so there was once again a ton of room to spread out, lay in the sun, mingle, etc. They had snack foods (pretzels, chips and guacamole, mints) and sodas/rum punch. We saw one family had brought their own beer (wish we'd thought of that). There was fun music playing the whole trip. One thing that made the Sail Provo trip better than Silver Deep was that every time we stopped, Dave would point out what where the good snorkeling was and what we could expect to find in that spot. With Silver Deep, we felt like they just stopped the boat and left you on your own. Again, you save 10% by booking directly with them.

Captain Marvin's Parasailing - We booked this but we were rained out and ran out of time to reschedule. It was going to be $70 per person for a 20 minute ride (tandem) and they pick you up at the beach in front of your resort.

My best advice regarding excursions - Sail Provo!!! They don't seem to have as big of a presence down there (we saw tons of Silver Deep ads/people but had to dig for Sail Provo information) but it was so worth it.

Providenciales, TCI
reviews: 5
1. Re: Excursion Review

KatLady-

How much was the Silver Deep, Middle Caicos excursion?

Just curious....

I have never booked with Silver Deep or Sail Provo. I'm glad you did have some good experiences while on-island.

Houston
2. Re: Excursion Review

Hi TCIslandtime,

I think the Middle Caicos tour was $159 per person. I think JB Tours offers a Middle Caicos tour as well but I don't know the price of that one.

Hope that helps!

new york
reviews: 18
3. Re: Excursion Review

Hi, Really appreiciate you taking the time to post your review. Thanks for all the info. It will help us put together our trip. Glad you had a great trip.

NY
4. Re: Excursion Review

THanks for your review! Do you remember how much the sunset cruise was? It sounds really nice. I've never heard of sail Provo

Houston
5. Re: Excursion Review

I'm glad this is helping some people. :)

I think the sunset cruise was $55 per person before the 10% off. That was for the wine/cheese sunset cruise which is on Wednesday evenings. They have some other sunset cruises on other days of the week that are $45 (before the 10% off) that serve chips/dips instead of wine/cheese.