We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you recommend a place for us?! Celebrating 10 years!

Boston...
reviews: 9
Can you recommend a place for us?! Celebrating 10 years!

We were considering Beaches because of the AI and we've never done that. We like to have fun, drink, and have a good time. We also like affordable luxury. We've stayed at the ME by Melia in Cancun, Marriott Surf Club in Aruba when it first opened up, the Cove at Paradise Island...so we're hoping for something nice that we can afford! We're okay if its just a studio room, or has a peak a boo view of the ocean. Any suggestions? The more I read, it sounds like Key West at Beaches may be a little too quiet for us! We were leaning towards Beaches but haven't decided just yet...any thoughts woudl be great! (BTW, we are leaving our two young boys at home!!)

TIA!

4 replies to this topic
Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
reviews: 19
1. Re: Can you recommend a place for us?! Celebrating 10 years!

Beaches is all about families and kids. Sesame Street characters wandering around and lots of kids all over. It also has about the narrowest part of Grace Bay Beach and is the most crowded. Some couples do go to Beaches and some say they love it, but I can't imagine going there as a couple for an anniversary.

The other AI on the island is Club Med. While I love Club Med for the sports and activities, you mentioned the word "luxury" so Club Med is probably not for you; it is on the basic side and could use some sprucing up.

For your purposes I would think that you could stay at one of the nicer resorts (I'm thinking Seven Stars, Somerset, Point Grace, Ocean Club), rent a car for your stay, eat at very nice restaurants every day, and still save significant $$ compared to Beaches. Just keep in mind that Provo is a very quiet destination. If you think that the Key West village might be too quiet, you might be disappointed in the "noise level" on the island. Club Med has dancing and activities every night, but otherwise there is only occasional entertainment at a couple of local bars.

Oklahoma
reviews: 14
2. Re: Can you recommend a place for us?! Celebrating 10 years!

My husband and I won a trip to Beaches, and we are leaving on Friday. We went to Turks last year, and we adored it. I personally would never choose to stay at Beaches without kids... or with kids for that matter. Nothing against Beaches and AIs, but Provo has so many wonderful restaurants to eat at. I would hate to miss that. Plus, there are places to stay where it will be more peaceful and secluded. You'll hear more from the forum experts soon... trust me!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 10
3. Re: Can you recommend a place for us?! Celebrating 10 years!

Judging by places that you've stayed and loved, I don't think TCI is for you, sorry to say!

Expensive destination to begin with

Beaches expensive AI

Beaches totally kid friendly

TCI not a typical AI destination

No nightlife (really minimal, most shuts down 10ish?)

Very expensive drinks (case of beer at grocery store $72, drinks at bars $16-$22 each)

What TCI has is the most amazing beaches, relaxation, all about the water

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 4
4. Re: Can you recommend a place for us?! Celebrating 10 years!

Point Grace. DR. VICKI & I give it 5 Hugs & Kisses(special anniversary). We just spent 5 nights there(sans 3 young daughters). Best is one of the upper floor Oceanfront suites with that commanding view of Grace Bay. Bliss. DR. JIM

Reply to: Can you recommend a place for us?! Celebrating 10 years!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted