We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental from Club Med

Which Turks and Caicos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Car Rental from Club Med

Hi all! I'm staying at Club Med Turkoise next week and I want to rent a car, probably just for a day or two to explore. It's my first time on Turks and Caicos, and I'm trying to find out what car rental places I could walk to in order to pick the car up. Could anyone let me know what car rental spots are nearby to Club Med? Do any of the rental spots drop the cars off (and if so, how do I arrance that?)? Also wondering what company is the most trustworthy/has the best prices? Are the any pros to getting a golf cart over a car or vice-versa? Any vehicle rental tips would be very welcome!

Would also love recommendations for what not to miss on a first trip to Turks and Caicos!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

4 replies to this topic
Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 4
1. Re: Car Rental from Club Med

You want to contact Grace Bay Car Rentals for bringing that vehicle to you in the Club Med parking lot for you to see/explore the Island . There's a whole bunch of golf carts across the road for you to use playing golf on their course. One's for the road & one's for the grass. That's the difference. What to not miss? Chalk Sound( a brilliant turquoise lagoon filled with many of little rocky Islands) on the other side of the Island. DR. JIM

New York
2. Re: Car Rental from Club Med

Thanks for the tip about Grace Bay rentals.

I asked about the golf cart because some of the car rental companies (Avis for instance) rent out Golf Carts, so I suspect the Avis rented golf carts aren't intended for use strictly on the golf course, since one doesn't usually rent their cart for golfing from a car rental company.

Edited: 6:49 pm, July 22, 2014
Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 4
3. Re: Car Rental from Club Med

It was a pun intended that you should only really rent a vehicle(car, jeep, van, SUV, etc) to see/explore the Island. The distances and most roads are fairly dangerous to golf carts. Locals aren't too friendly in yielding to golf carts or any slower moving vehicle including motor scooters. I have been coming to Provo since the 1970's and know the Island well. Stick with just renting a car for the roads. DR. JIM

New York
4. Re: Car Rental from Club Med

Thanks - that's helpful! Any fun local restaurants that you'd recommend?

Reply to: Car Rental from Club Med
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted