We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next trip booked = happy me

Exeter, New...
Next trip booked = happy me

Only those on this forum would understand how excited I am. We were going to skip our annual family trip to North next winter, as hubby and I are planning to celebrate our 20th in Anguilla without the kids. I've been in mourning and constantly checking the availability of the villa we usually rent, seeing the weeks get booked.

Hubby decided we can do both!! So there was one week left in March that wasn't book, which coincidentally matches my oldest son's school vacation, so we will be back. The only drawback is to save money we are not going to stay on Provo this year, which means we will have to make the dreaded Saturday departure. But for direct flights both ways, and a week in paradise, it is worth it!! So happy that I will have something to get me through our dreadful winter next year.

17 replies to this topic
Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 4
11. Re: Next trip booked = happy me

That's what I call goodie food consumption and behavioral modification. Now it's time for the "Happy" dance. DR. JIM

Edited: 5:32 pm, July 22, 2014
Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 16
12. Re: Next trip booked = happy me

That's what she said intheburgh. ; )

Exeter, New...
13. Re: Next trip booked = happy me

Thanks all! I am so very happy and lucky!! It's funny how a little island chain can do that to a person.

Funny Joe...that is the exact song I had in my head when hubby told me he booked the tickets and villa. We will be there the week of March 21st. Maybe we will see you walking the beach or hanging on pumpkin bluff? We need to make the trek up to our little slice of the future this time. Maybe we can find a nice rock and make some patio furniture too :)

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 4
14. Re: Next trip booked = happy me

I LOVE feeling the passion that you have for North! We really enjoyed the week that we spent there!

So much of this forum is about Provo, which of course makes sense since it's the main tourist island for TCI.

BUT....TCI has SO much more to offer than Provo! I love to continue to explore it all! North, Middle, GT and SC...all are wonderful in their own unique ways!

15. Re: Next trip booked = happy me

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, July 22, 2014

Exeter, New...
16. Re: Next trip booked = happy me

Thanks Maca! It truly is my happy place. I feel like I can truly relax when I am there. Maybe because it is so natural and "real." Although my husband would like to see the island develop more (primarily to help the price of real estate) I would love to have it stay the same. There aren't many places left where nature is left to be just as it is supposed to be --- beautiful. And my boys feel the same way. They were so bummed when we told them we wouldn't be going next year. Well you should have heard them today. They are already counting down the months.

I would love to explore GT and SC someday. Actually after our trip last year I was researching Salt Cay, but I just didn't know if it would be feasible to stay there with my 3 rambunctious boys :) Someday we will go.

Lubbock, Texas
reviews: 43
17. Re: Next trip booked = happy me

3boys - I'm a little late to the party (been packing,etc) but I DO understand how excited you are!!! So glad it's all working out for you!!

Reply to: Next trip booked = happy me
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted