We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seven Stars vs. Sands at GB

Indianapolis...
Seven Stars vs. Sands at GB

I've been researching these two properties trying to decide on which one to pick and could use a little guidance from people who have been to both spots, if you've stayed at both spots, even better.

They are obviously not exactly in the same class, but both look like beautiful properties that get great reviews. What I'm trying to decide is if the Seven Stars is worth the extra money it would cost us. To help quantify that for those reading: my wife and I want to stay in a oceanfront room for about a week this fall which would set us back about $2500 all told with taxes etc. at the Sands, and $3950 at the Seven Stars.

So my question is, to those reading do you think the Seven Stars is worth the extra expense? Is it that much nicer of a property? Is there a noted difference in the feeling of being at a much nicer property and the feeling of luxury we would be getting at the Seven Stars? Or is it not enough of a difference to be worth 60% more cash? I've looked at numerous pictures and read reviews, but nothing compares to feet on the ground and being there.

Any and all input is much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited: 2:29 pm, August 07, 2013
Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 4
1. Re: Seven Stars vs. Sands at GB

Well, it appears you want Oceanfront(I commend you on this) I trout about all the time here on the forum. You are half way there by going Oceanfront. However, anything over 3rd floor(4-7 floor) is overkill though. DR. JIM

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
reviews: 5
2. Re: Seven Stars vs. Sands at GB

It's so hard to judge if the extra money will be worth it over a forum. If it's your one and only trip this year, a special celebration, no kids, nicer pool area needed, luxury needed, you will eat inexpensively or you don't have a budget, you should book Seven Stars.

If you don't mind the rooms being more casual, only three stories high, smaller resort and more of a homey vs resort atmosphere, I would pick The Sands.

Clearly, SS is a newer, more beautiful resort and comparing the two is not really fair. So it's up to you if the savings is worth it.

Both have amazing beachfronts, watersports, beach attendants and with in walking to many restaurants.

Indianapolis...
3. Re: Seven Stars vs. Sands at GB

Thanks for both of your replies.

Like you said, it is hard to give advice on if its worth it or not without knowing our exact situation. We are traveling w/o our kids and are not on a strict budget per say, just looking to spend wisely. After looking a little closer at the Seven Stars they are offering a $200 resort credit for the times we want to travel, that plus a free breakfast daily does close the price gap a bit and is nudging me in the Seven Stars direction.

But I'm still very open to all suggestions from those who have seen both properties. If you don't think its worth the money, let me know. If you do think it is, I'm very open to being sold on why I should splurge. ;)

If I do end up staying at the Seven Stars, (again, still deciding) any advice as to Oceanview vs. Oceanfront? They are the same price, and oceanview at this place seems to be real oceanviews, unlike some resorts, with only the pool in between your room and the beach, but the room is about twice the size as oceanfront. So there is of course a tradeoff, but I don't know why I'd really need or use that extra space, so I'm guessing most people would recommend opting for oceanfront?

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
reviews: 5
4. Re: Seven Stars vs. Sands at GB

With $200 credit, breakfast and water bottles, plus a very luxurious resort (bedding, furniture, appliances, tiling)

I would stay at Seven Stars. It's definitely money wisely spent, imo.

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 4
5. Re: Seven Stars vs. Sands at GB

Oceanfront---you are like a lion checking out his domain from a superior position. Oceanview---you are like a (long neck) giraffe scoping it out putting that neck to good use. I am a lion by nature. DR. JIM

6. Re: Seven Stars vs. Sands at GB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:01 pm, August 13, 2013
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 10
7. Re: Seven Stars vs. Sands at GB

Pan, what's up with that?

Here's a trick, call Seven Stars directly, ask for Yngrit. Tell her you've seen specials on Facebook in the past for Seven Stars, and what's the best price she can give you.

She will do better than what you found!

Indianapolis...
8. Re: Seven Stars vs. Sands at GB

Bad day Pan?

Thanks Blamona, appreciate that, I'll give it a shot tomorrow. How do you pronounce that name? Yen-grit ? Or is the Y silent?

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
reviews: 48
9. Re: Seven Stars vs. Sands at GB

Silent. Like eenngrit. Or if you speak to her directly pronounce it "Dearest" for possible brownie points. If no reaction just say "Ziggy told me to say it". If still no reaction, hang up

Anyway, Ajax nailed it. Only you can decide whats worth what. Hard to put a price on stuff like that

I stayed at both resorts and keep coming back to SS. Sands has more of a family resort feel to me. Got a nice kiddie pool, screened balconies, and lunch in Hemingways is an upgrade over SS IMO. I much prefer the SS location as far as restaurants and groceries within walking distance but then there are those here that actually prefer the Sands location. The pool at SS is large and heated and one of the nicest on the island. Rooms are newer and more modern than the Sands which is one of the oldest resorts on the island. The Sands however does a very good job with the overall maintenance and appearance.

Oceanfront at SS means the side buildings. Ocean view is the middle building.

Edited: 9:34 pm, August 07, 2013
Raleigh, North...
reviews: 64
10. Re: Seven Stars vs. Sands at GB

We have stayed at Sands twice and would choose it over any other place on GB. It has the absolute best beach section, is laid back, rooms (condos really) are huge and so embracing. Grace Bay is an amazing, amazing beach. You will not want to spend time in your room or at the pool so choose the less expensive spot ad head to the water.

Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos