We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation on Grace Bay

topeka, ks
Hotel recommendation on Grace Bay

My husband and I will be visiting Grace Bay for the first time in Oct. We have been to many other islands but I have always wanted to visit Grace Bay. I have narrowed the hotel choices (I think) down to Ocean Club West, The Sands or Royal West Indies. We are looking for a 1 bedroom perferrable ocean front/view with a balcony. I would like to be able to walk to an area where there is good snorkeling, restaurants like Mango Reef and Somewhere Cafe, as well as the grocery store. We probably won't rent a car. We don't need fancy just comfortable with a good vibe and great beach and beach service would be a bonus. I think The Sands is having a special where every 4th night is free. Thanks for the feedback. It is apprciated!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 10
1. Re: Hotel recommendation on Grace Bay

The closest to walk to snorkel is Sands, so that's probably your best bet. You'll need transportation to supermarket, in heat and carrying bags can be a hike.

During light hours, it's okay to walk everywhere. Mango Reef is a good walka dn Bay Bistro from Sands. Others even if you walk to them, you really transportation to return, as there are some empty lot/ dark areas in between.

OC and RWI are pretty far from snorkel, you would need transportation for that.

Lubbock, Texas
reviews: 43
2. Re: Hotel recommendation on Grace Bay

Ditto what Blamona said. We love the Sands and walk to Somewhere's, IGA, Seaside, etc. from there, just cab back if necessary, carrying groceries or after dark. Hemingway's on site is also good. Have a wonderful time.

topeka, ks
3. Re: Hotel recommendation on Grace Bay

Thanks so much for the quick response! What's your opinion on the difference between an ocean front studio vs an ocean front 1 Bdrm. Both have balconies but they are $150 per nt difference in price. Is it worth it? Thanks again.

Lubbock, Texas
reviews: 43
4. Re: Hotel recommendation on Grace Bay

We had an ocean front studio, first floor in Bldg 3 first year - 1st floor was convenient, but ocean view was somewhat obstructed by pool, sand dunes, etc. Room itself was large enough; kitchenette vs full kitchen but we didn't cook much and ate on the patio. 2nd year, we had one bedroom ocean view, bldg 6 I think - enjoyed the addl space and full kitchen as we did more cooking and booked a longer stay. Ocean view was more of a glimpse tho, but the gardens are a pretty view. Depending on how long you are staying and how much you might use the kitchen, my preference would be an ocean front one bedroom, bldg 3, 2nd or 3rd floor...if you can book that specifically!!

Edited: 3:27 pm, June 17, 2013
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 10
5. Re: Hotel recommendation on Grace Bay

Studio vs 1 bedroom, studio is an oversized hotel room. 1 bedroom you get a living/dining room, plus a full kitchen with counter top bar.

topeka, ks
6. Re: Hotel recommendation on Grace Bay

Definitely going with the 1bdrm oceanfront. Thanks for your help. .

Canandaigua, New...
reviews: 21
7. Re: Hotel recommendation on Grace Bay

Sands would be closest and is a great property.

We've personally have stayed there 2x.

Nice vibe to the property and the grounds always look wonderful.

Hemingways is nice on sight casual restaurant.

Mike

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 4
8. Re: Hotel recommendation on Grace Bay

First time Provo and going with the Oceanfront. Best choice-best view-- best memories. You are doing this trip thing the best way. Now rent a car for your visit. You have a lot to see and experience on the Island. DR. JIM

Madison, WI
reviews: 13
9. Re: Hotel recommendation on Grace Bay

Ocean Club West is closed for the month of October in any case.......

topeka, ks
10. Re: Hotel recommendation on Grace Bay

I was looking on The Sands website and they have a 1 Bdrm Oceanfront and a 1 Bdrm Oceanfront "Deluxe". Does anyone know the difference? I think the "deluxe" is $40-50 more. Thanks.