We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants that are kid friendly in Tobago

dfw
Restaurants that are kid friendly in Tobago

Our family, with 3 children will be staying at the Tobago Hilton in December. We have heard that the Hilton restaurants are expensive and (maybe) not kid friendly. Any suggestions for a great dining experience? We'll be there for a week. Thanks

orlando,fl
reviews: 1
11. Re: Restaurants that are kid friendly in Tobago

mom02,i think you have it wrong about the staff who works at third world resorts and hotels.Here in Orlando hotel maids,cleaners,desk clerks etc make below the poverty wage and i never had any attitude with them,Most poor West Indians on the whole always have an attitude towards the rich especially if you are the same color as them.I have been through that experience many times in Jamaica,Barbados,Bahamas,St Thomas,Antigua just to name a few.I have been ignored by my own people at restaurants and stores and watch them kiss the foreign man A**.(no insult) but it comes from lack of training.I visit Mexico 2-3 times a year and stay at the all inclusive resorts and these workers make and own much less than the Tobagonians and they are always smiling and accomodating,most has little or no education but they are preached to by management before each shift. and there is always someone in line to take their place.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 138
12. Re: Restaurants that are kid friendly in Tobago

I hope that you did not get the impression that the staff at the Hilton were anything other than great. What I posted was that I reviewed, from this site, comments from everybody about EVERY hotel in Togago. A general thead was that staff at all of the hotels were not helpful, pleasant, etc.

At least that the Hilton that was not the case. The staff were very friendly, helpful and hard working. Crime in Togabo was not an issue except for the fact that you do want to know what areas it pays to be extra diligant in and those areas that should be avoided. I would definitely spend the day at Englishman's Bay but based upon what I have read I would try and have a guide/driver accompany us. I would not want to miss out on wonderful opportunities due to the possibility of crime.

Toronto, Canada
13. Re: Restaurants that are kid friendly in Tobago

Rolling pin....you're in Orlando? Pardon my blondness...as you know who I am.....going there in March...email me as I've lost all my addresses due to a crash. Am working on an old pc til my new one is up and running again. Would love to return the kindness........lil Red.

THUNDER BAY
14. Re: Restaurants that are kid friendly in Tobago

The Hilton is lovely, the only downside is the beach is on the atlantic side and can be rough but the pool is directly on/near the beach. If your kids are young they'll love the pool.

We ate often at the pool side restaurant - food was fine and prices similar to any other hotel.

Other good choices;

In Crown Point on the road to Pigeon Point is a place called Golden Star Restaurant-I always eat here with my family-the food is fresh-if you like fish, its great. They have BBQ and do sandwiches and fries. There is also a bakery and chicken shop by the corner near the airport - cant remember the name of it but the food is good here too-local prices.

Try Dillons Seafood-we once were entering the restaurant and the lobster were coming in-we hand picked our dinner-food is always great. Stanley Dillon is also a great captain and offers day fishing trips up to 6 people.

James Morshead's grocery off Shirvan Road near Meshell's restaurant also does the roast chickens and has a great deli if all else fails-your kids will find all their favorites from home here.

any chance you get eat local-its great.

Tobago
15. Re: Restaurants that are kid friendly in Tobago

I would just like to further advise on someone's suggestion about Sunday school..... Yes you should go and check it out, as it can be quite an event given the right night, but I think if you eat the BBQ meals there, you are being ripped off!! It may not seem so much to a tourist, but it is an outdoor, on-the-street vendor with absolutely no overheads as you eat under a tent and help yourself, however you can pay as much as 80-90 TT dollars a plate, which can be more than what you pay in a proper restaurant. Alot of tourists have been caught out by this when they find out how much they have to pay at the end of the line. PLus you will be eating to the sound of a loud generator which supplies their electricity, one of the things that has spoilt Sunday School as it drowns out the music. For that reason alone, I dont think people should support it. You will get just as much of an enjoyable local eating experience by sampling the tasty (and very reasonably priced) fish sandwiches and corn soups.

16. Re: Restaurants that are kid friendly in Tobago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tobago