We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel

Kent
Hotel

I would like to stay in a Hotel that is near to the capital and beach but also that we can walk out without taxi to a resturant at night

Tobago
reviews: 57
1. Re: Hotel

You would like a place that is near the capital and a beach that you can bathe in and also be able to walk to a restaurant at night? That's a tall order.

The capital Scarborough does have a beach, but it is definitely not for bathing as the port is located there. However your closest option would be any hotel in Bacolet. There are restaurants within that area, that are easy to walk to (though not a lot), but it would be a good walk to get to Scarborough.

The other option is to remove the criterion of staying close to Scarborough and stay in other areas such as Crown Point, Bon Accord, Black Rock or other areas in the southwest. You would be able to walk to many restaurants and beaches quite easily from there and it would still be easy to get to Scarborough whenever you want to. (You should be aware that unless there is an event going on, Scarborough is mostly geared towards workers and most evenings there's not much going on). While there are other areas that you can stay in, if you are choosing to minimize your use of transportation, they would not be ideal.

If you check under Hotels right here on Tripadvisor, you would be able to check out the hotels and holiday apartments

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g147392-Tobago_Trinid…

Kent
2. Re: Hotel

Thank you I am quite happy to be away from capital but would like to be in walking distance of beach and resturants. I have looked at a few and keep going back to Turtle Beach . Is this near to bars and resturants as does not mention this.

Thank you

Tobago
reviews: 1
3. Re: Hotel

Nope. It is far from any other restaurants and bars. Your best bet is the Crown Point area.

Trinidad
reviews: 79
4. Re: Hotel

Turtle Beach Hotel you would be on the beach but need transport to go to restaurants etc unless you eat at the hotel.

Is there a reason why you need to stay in/near the Capital?

Kent
5. Re: Hotel

No I really want to be near to beach but within walking distance of resturants at night. Are you able to suggest any hotels.

Thank you

Tobago
reviews: 1
6. Re: Hotel

Coco Reef, Crown Point Hotel or Conrado are all as close to the beach as you are going to get in the Crown Point area. Which of those will depend on your budget.

7. Re: Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, November 04, 2012
Kent
8. Re: Hotel

I have been looking at a few hotels and wonder what the Tropikist is like. Does this have easy access to beach and in walking distance to resturants. Also would it be better to go all inclusive or B&B.

Thank you

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 8
9. Re: Hotel

what is your budget like? Best to stay in Crown Point area for access to most establishments and beaches. Coco Reef is at the higher end and Tropikist is a bit more basic although totally okay. I personally, don't like all inclusive as it limits you to food selection. There are many restaurants to visit and enjoy the wonderful flavours Tobago has to offer. Karawak is another option. May I suggest doing some research on www.mytobago.info for some details on each establishment. Try checking out Coco Reef, Karawak, Tropikist, Conrado and Crown Point. There are also numerous guest houses and smaller motel style places. Cheers! (personally I wouldn't want to stay near the capital Scarborough)

Edited: 9:15 am, December 06, 2012
Kent
10. Re: Hotel

Hi

Could any one tell me how close the nearest resturants are to Turtle Beach as may be going with friends and they like the look of this hotel. Are there any within walking distance.

Thank you

Get answers to your questions about Tobago