We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peter Cox Tours

Which Tobago hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 2
Peter Cox Tours

He's not listed in the "Tours" Section of trip advisor for Tobago, but I can't recommend Peter Cox strongly enough. My wife and I went on three tours with Mr. Cox during our week-long stay in Tobago, and overall the experience was exceptional. Mr. Cox is very knowledgable and professional. The tours are well-planned and executed. He also went well above and beyond the call of duty by helping to sort out some travel difficulties we were having.

If you are looking for expert and professional nature tours (birdwatching, night safari in the rainforest, island tour, etc.), I recommend Mr. Cox very highly. He can be found online at http://www.tobagonaturetours.com

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 90
1. Re: Peter Cox Tours

Bump

I just returned from Tobago and would highly recommend Peter as a birding and tour guide. I did a Forest Reserve tour with him, and then birding in the area of what used to be the Hilton Hotel combined with Adventure Farm. Peter is a keen birder, sympathetic naturalist, and hard working fellow that knows his stuff. There is always plenty of water and snacks provided on the tours.

London, England
reviews: 56
2. Re: Peter Cox Tours

Hmmm, thank for the posts, but there are no prices on his website? Is he also quite competitively priced? I will be staying in the Crown Point area in April and will have some time free after diving. Can anyone recommend reputable guides around that area (ie ones that won't rip you off!!). Do you generally have to bargain for tour prices or are they fixed? Thanks :)

Ottawa, Canada
3. Re: Peter Cox Tours

I thought that Peter was well priced, but his trips are very much nature or birding oriented. If you want a more general tour, try Frankie's. Peter's prices might be a little higher than some, but the groups I was in were small and flexible to see what was happening at the moment.

Often an accommodation offers trips that are cheaper.

As always, you get what you pay for. I wouldn't necessarily go with the cheapest snorkel or glass bottom boat trip, as you could be on an old fishing boat doing double duty without appropriate insurance to carry passengers, things like that.

TA has numerous reviews on the What to do section.

If you want Peter's prices, just email and ask him. His prices may vary more on numbers of people, rather than bargaining. It isn't the usual practice for published guides and tours. More for the deal guys at Shore Bay.

Edited: 8:46 am, December 01, 2012
London, England
4. Re: Peter Cox Tours

Thanks for your response, very helpful. I was looking for something a little different than the ordinary tours which is why I thought your post re Peter Cox was interesting. I'll be diving for most of the week so will not be bothering with glass bottom boat trips, but love nature and thought be nice to do something along these lines. I'll drop him an email. Thanks :))

Ottawa, Canada
5. Re: Peter Cox Tours

Faye, tell him what you have in mind, and he should be able to tailor make. Personalized guided trips are quite rewarding.

Know that it can take a day or two for response as he works hard and is often away. Also, they are pretty flexible, somthings might not get firmed up until the week you are there. He is very conscientious, though.

Enjoy your trip.

London, England
6. Re: Peter Cox Tours

Thanks, will see what he comes up with. Sure there are plenty vendors out there when get there but always good to get recommendations from fellow travellers :)

7. Re: Peter Cox Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, December 17, 2013