We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested ranking for restaurants

Saint Paul...
reviews: 62
Suggested ranking for restaurants

We will be in Tobago this winter for our first time, We will be staying on the Bon Accord area.

I have researched a number of the restaurants within a 20-30 minute drive and have whittled our preferred list down to the following choices.

Since we will not have time to eat at all of these, can you recommend a ranking for these?

We love seafood, but more importantly we like the food to reflect the local influence.

The food is the most important, but we also love a place that has nice ambiance be it a nice view or a quaint setting.

Art Cafe

Azucar

Bamboo Mile

Cafe Coco

El Pescador

Fish Pot

King's Bay Cafe

Marcias Restaurant

Salsa Kitchen Tapas

Seahorse Inn

Tobago
reviews: 1
1. Re: Suggested ranking for restaurants

El Pescador, Fish Pot, Salsa Kitchen, Bamboo Mile and Kings Bay Cafe without a doubt.

Marcias is a lunch time place, but good local style (creole) lunch

Seahorse - great ambience but portion sizes can be on the small size

Cafe Coco -some people love it, some hate it.

Art Cafe not what it was, Azucar run by the same person who previously ran Melange, so suggest you check reports of that and make your own mind up.

Truro, United...
reviews: 13
2. Re: Suggested ranking for restaurants

That's a shame to hear about Art Cafe. I was only there in March and enjoyed it as much as I did last October. Simba is a local young man trying to make a business. The food we had in March was wonderful; fresh, very tasty and too much for my appetite so I always took a little home. I love his fruit crepe and fish pasta. Simba serves excellent value for money and is worth trying for yourself. I know that I'll be going back when I return later in the year.

Otherwise we also eat at Cafe Coco, Seahorse, Salsa Kitchen depending upon what we're looking for at that particular time; the others mentioned have good reviews but we've not got to them yet.

Try as many as you can and make your own judgement because we all have different likes and dislikes.

Trinidad
reviews: 6
3. Re: Suggested ranking for restaurants

Sorry but I can only give a review for Cafe Coco as that is the only restaurant on your list that I ate at when I visited Tobago a few years ago. I LOVED IT! I love the outdoor/indoor atmosphere and the prices are very inexpensive especially for the décor. The food we had was great & the service was good!

London, United...
reviews: 6
4. Re: Suggested ranking for restaurants

If you ask the owner at the house of pancake on the main road just outside Bon accord he has a restaurant just around the corner

The food was fantastic. otherwise the food at colours bar on the same road was very good. In walking distance from your villa so you can drink a few caribs

and walk back.

I am sure you will have a great time

5. Re: Suggested ranking for restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tobago