We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival 2014

Which Port of Spain hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Carnival 2014

Travelling to Trinidad for the Carnival 2014. Will like to stay near the parties action downtown, Port of spain. Travel companion is my husband. I am from trinidad and he is not.

We prefer access to Queens Park Savannah and shopping downtown. My budget is 1500.00 for seven days.

Safe and Romantic will be good.

Please advise.

bernyharrison@gmail.com

7 replies to this topic
Trinidad
reviews: 79
1. Re: Carnival 2014

Closest to the QPS is Kapok Hotel.

Trinidad
2. Re: Carnival 2014

Then a bit further away, uphill, is the Hilton.

But I doubt you can get 7 days at those places on your budget though.

A few threads discussed places to stay. A search will bring up some suggestions.

Trinidad
3. Re: Carnival 2014

What sort of shopping you want to do Downtown POS?

Columbus, Ohio
4. Re: Carnival 2014

Will like to stay at the Kapok, however no rooms are available for carnival 2014, according to expedia.com and travelocity websites.

Is there another alternative way for us to get a room at Kapok Hotel? I really like that hotel. If not, can you recommend another close by. I am prepared to extend my budget amt to at least $1900.00 US.

Edited: 12:02 pm, September 23, 2013
Tampa, Florida
5. Re: Carnival 2014

All the desirable accommodation would have already been booked up - one thing to try is get to know someone there who would know of a "boarding" house but it will be very basic and probably without air conditioning. Only the chain hotels would have room but at a price.

Trinidad
6. Re: Carnival 2014

Try emailing them at stay@kapokhotel.com

Or call 1868 622 5765

Trinidad
reviews: 1
7. Re: Carnival 2014

I suggest that you call or email the hotels directly. During that period hotels have special rates and packages so you will not find results through search engines. With your increased budget of $1900 you could try Carlton Savannah and Kapok Hotel.

Reply to: Carnival 2014
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted