We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel for nightlife OR beach-front?

Which Port of Spain hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montclair, NJ
reviews: 37
Best hotel for nightlife OR beach-front?

As some newer hotels have opened what is the best lodging destination for either nightlife or beach-front?

And bonus question - which of the above requires car rental to make it easier to get around?

Trinidad
reviews: 19
1. Re: Best hotel for nightlife OR beach-front?

Hi RoosveltL,

In Trinidad

Def stay in Port of Spain area (POS). No hotels are "ideally" located but I'd recommend

Kapok, Marriot Courtyard, Chancellor, Ambassador for close to party locations. Public transport in Trinidad is not great. I'd recommend renting a car to get around. Bear in mind, the driving is aggressive and we drive on the other side of the road.

The only "close to beach" location in Trididad I'd say is the Maracas Bay Beach Hotel located at Maracas Beach. Again, there is not much up here except the beach so you'd probably need a car.

In Tobago

I'd say look for a hotel in the Crown point area. This is close to both beaches and party. Crown Point is small enough that you can get by on foot. Most places are within 20-30 minutes walking. Not sure of your budget Coco reef is nice $$$, Belleviste Apartments basic $.

Hope this helps

Hope thsi helps.

Montclair, NJ
2. Re: Best hotel for nightlife OR beach-front?

Courtyard is sold out during my travel dates. Checking on others.

Hyatt or Hilton - how far from nightlife &/or beach?

Brandon, Florida
reviews: 1
3. Re: Best hotel for nightlife OR beach-front?

Kapok is the best choice. You can take a taxi to the night life but you will need a rental car to go to the beach.

Montclair, NJ
4. Re: Best hotel for nightlife OR beach-front?

Thanks all.. Reviews for Kapok are not as favorable so spend a few bucks more and I'll try Hyatt as it appears I'll need to drive either way.

5. Re: Best hotel for nightlife OR beach-front?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 25, 2009