We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this a good place for us?

Yardley...
Is this a good place for us?

My two friends and I are single women in their mid twenties, and we heard about Mustique from an acquaintance. A few days relaxing on a beautiful beach sounds nice, but we are worried that we might be too young and/or single for the Island. We aren't looking for a crazy spring break type party vacation, but we would like to be able to socialize at night with people our age, and not be surrounded by couples and families, or find that the entire Island goes to be at 9pm. What type of vacationers come to Mustique? Is it all couples and families with some of the older crowd mixed in? We are planning the trip for late June/early July if that makes a difference.

5 replies to this topic
World
reviews: 33
1. Re: Is this a good place for us?

How old are you and your friends? The age of who is on the island depends in large measure on when you go. If you have a better idea of dates I can be of more assistance.

This old thread may also be useful.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147385-i2776-k2614…

New York City, New...
reviews: 13
2. Re: Is this a good place for us?

Remember Mustique is a private island with some 80? (ish) villas and two very small hotels (The Cotton House and the Firelfy)..and one bar...Basils.

We stayed there on our honeymoon (had a blast) and did see single people from the villas coming to Firefly bar to hang out...but it was nothing crazy.

Honestly if you are going to the Grenadines as single women in your twenties wanting to go out at night, look into Bequia island. Bequia is by far your best bet with numerous restaurants and bars and a very fun social scene.

London
3. Re: Is this a good place for us?

There is lots more going on in Bequia. I'd be bored to tears on Mustique.

New York Mills...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Is this a good place for us?

The Firefly is full of young people having a good time most nights. Closes at midnight. Hard to understand why anyone would be bored here. usually a party going on at one of the villas in the evenings and beach parties lunchtimes.

5. Re: Is this a good place for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:39 pm, August 19, 2014
Edited: 3:39 pm, August 19, 2014

Reply to: Is this a good place for us?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mustique