We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I thought I was booked in Bequia BUT..............

Canada
reviews: 4
I thought I was booked in Bequia BUT..............

I just found out that the booking I made to stay in Bequia wasn't really booked due to a miscommunication between the booking agent and the owner. They both booked it, but I know I was there first.

Now, we have no place to stay - so it's back to the drawing board, which really pees me off. Certainly wasn't due to lack of communication on my part - I have a detailed email trail, but looks like that doesn't matter. I have all our flights arranged too based on that availability - in on Jan 18, out on Jan 27.

So, before I start all over, these places were available a couple of weeks ago, but I don't know if they still are. Any comments on them, or other suggestions?

The Nest - upper level

Twilight Villa (but we don't really need a 3 BR)

The View (Belmont)

The Light House, Lower Bay

Belmont House

Belmont Cottage

Sugar Apple Inn - but that's not the area we wanted

Many thanks - I'm rather disheartened at the moment, just found out about half an hour ago........first impressions of Bequia are not too good right now, but I shouldn't lose sight of all the great things I've read in these posts.

USA
1. Re: I thought I was booked in Bequia BUT..............

So sorry to hear about your mixup - is the agent or property owner trying to help you out to make up for the glitch?

What are your ideal requirements? You don't say in your posting so its hard to give you much feedback!

Canada
2. Re: I thought I was booked in Bequia BUT..............

Hi islandannie: Yes they are both helping and have offered something else and given me contact names. We were looking for something overlooking Lower Bay, just hubby and me so we're not looking for a big place. We like to have a nice view, to sit on a deck with a nice bottle of wine and watch the sun set. I've been emailing various places and have some options now, so I'm not in the panic mode I was in on Saturday.

USA
3. Re: I thought I was booked in Bequia BUT..............

So glad that you are getting help - and lots of options!

Annapolis, Maryland
reviews: 9
4. Re: I thought I was booked in Bequia BUT..............

There is a small house right on the beach on Lower Bay just down from Da Reef. I can't remember the name of it but maybe someone will remember. Curiousx maybe?

Annapolis, Maryland
5. Re: I thought I was booked in Bequia BUT..............

OK, I found the name of the place on Lower Bay. Hope it's not what you had originally booked. It is Casa Roseline. Here is some info:

stjohnhouserentals.com/Casa%20Rosalind/index…

World
6. Re: I thought I was booked in Bequia BUT..............

Uf you stay at Cadsa Rosalina, bring heavy duty earplugs. It is close to a noisy street bar called the Rasta Ranch and next door to a shack where boomboxes often play late and loud. Sorry bout that cos otherwise the location is fine.

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 39
7. Re: I thought I was booked in Bequia BUT..............

Have to agree with curiousx on this place! Too bad because it is a lovely spot.....I was advised against it for security reasons although I always have felt safe just at the other end of Lower Bay. If Casablanca and/or Smitty's apts, Twilight/Sunset are available I would feel more comfortable with them! Good Luck and have a great trip!

Canada
8. Re: I thought I was booked in Bequia BUT..............

thanks to all for your help and advise. As a first timer to Bequia it's hard to know what to do and these forums are great. We've decided on a villa on the hill, and 3 nights at the Frangipani. We have noted names of other places people have suggested and plan to check these out when we are there. I have a feeling this won't be our only visit to Bequia.

USA
9. Re: I thought I was booked in Bequia BUT..............

Sounds like you've made the perfect choice for a "first timer" - the best of both worlds. Plus you will be in Bequia for at least part of the Bequia Music Fest!

london
10. Re: I thought I was booked in Bequia BUT..............

I wonder how your stay went. We are going on November 11th and currently looking for a villa/apartment to stay in, ideally in Lower Bay.Were you happy with your choice or do you have any recommendations?

many thanks