We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport expires 6 mos. from date of travel

PA
Passport expires 6 mos. from date of travel

I will be traveling to Bequia on March 30, 2014; my passport expires on September 29, 2014. I know there are some countries that require at least 6 months on the passport. I can't find anything relating this on the customs web site. Does anyone know the requirement?

5 replies to this topic
CANADA
1. Re: Passport expires 6 mos. from date of travel

The SVG government website states that a valid passport expiring not less than 6 mos. from date of travel is required plus proof of return ticket for all tourists

Toronto, Ontario
reviews: 18
2. Re: Passport expires 6 mos. from date of travel

I don't think that they WOULD bar you for a 1 day discrepancy, but they COULD--with no recourse--so I wouldn't chance it. (You could always try arguing that the second last day of March to the second last day of September is, in fact, 6 months but I think this kind of logic might be lost on your average immigration officer.)

London, Canada
reviews: 1
3. Re: Passport expires 6 mos. from date of travel

Presumably, your U.S. departure will not let you fly, as they are responsible to get you on a plane and out, if immigration rejects you. This happened to my nephew although he had less than 6 months on his. He never left home airport, and his ticket was forfeited

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
reviews: 2
4. Re: Passport expires 6 mos. from date of travel

My 6 month window expires while I will be in SVG. Just went to Passport Canada and re-upped for 10 years. Better safe than sorry.

Binghamton,Ny
5. Re: Passport expires 6 mos. from date of travel

Checked the site. There is no reference to a 6 month passport validity. Entry requirements are a "valid" passport, return flight ticket and sufficient funds for your visit

Reply to: Passport expires 6 mos. from date of travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bequia
Recent Conversations