We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a weeks holiday in Bequia, a stay at home vacation

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
reviews: 19
a weeks holiday in Bequia, a stay at home vacation

everybody who lives and works here said it couldn't be done, but we managed to have a lovely week off and stayed at home in Bequia, our first Bequia holiday since before we built our home here...we went to a book launch cocktail party for the new book about Moonhole by Charles Brewer, we got down to Lower Bay beach for a walk on the beach (first time on Lower Bay Beach in 2 years!!! nothing was open, and only 7 people including ourselves on the beach), we went to L'Auberge for lunch and tried some items from their new menu (the mango chutney blue cheese chicken burger is a wonderful taste sensation), we went to the Gingerbread for tea a couple of times (it's getting busier and more and more yachts in the harbor each day), we went to Papa's for sundowners, up to the top of Spring to watch the sunset, out to the Frangi for the barbecue and Jump Up (the salads are wonderful, and I had the fish which was tuna and it was great - reports of the steak weren't so good, lovely selection of desserts too)...we talked about getting to the Bequia Beach Club for live music now on Wednesdays and Saturdays but didn't make it weds, but maybe tonight...and we spent a lot of time in our pool, and loafing on the deck...it was good and we still have another day to go...Bequia is a wonderful place to take a holiday...now I can't wait until we can do it again...

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 3
1. Re: a weeks holiday in Bequia, a stay at home vacation

Now that sounds like the perfect week of dining and relaxing!

I really miss sitting with a cup of tea at the Gingerbread! What a perfect spot!

Enjoy the rest of your 'vacation'!

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 37
2. Re: a weeks holiday in Bequia, a stay at home vacation

ladolce....you became "Visitors" to your own Island. Rediscovered how lovely Bequia is when you have the time to really slow down there. Shame on you not going to Lower Bay for two years! Now that you have been you should make it a priority to visit monthly. Such a unique and refreshing place You call home!

Edited: 12:54 pm, November 24, 2013
Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
reviews: 19
3. Re: a weeks holiday in Bequia, a stay at home vacation

I know, obxpat...it's really a shame not to get there on a regular basis, esp. since it is our favorite beach...we need to make the effort...

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 37
4. Re: a weeks holiday in Bequia, a stay at home vacation

I have the same issue here. When we have Visitors in town we spend more time on the boat, visit the beach and other favorite spots. Then...life gets in the way and we have to make a conscious decision to enjoy what is in our own back yard!

5. Re: a weeks holiday in Bequia, a stay at home vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bequia