We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in Bequia

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
reviews: 19
Driving in Bequia

If you plan to drive in Bequia, please be aware that in many places there is only one lane only, so somebody has to find a spot to pull off to let traffic from the other direction by...you can't just think about your own driving here, you have to anticipate what the oncoming traffic is going to do...am I past a pull off area and is he/she going to pull over for me, or can I pull over and wait for them to pass...if going up a hill on a one lane road and you meet someone coming down, the rule is that the car going up should back down or pull over if possible...it's far easier to back down a hill than to back up...some.roads in particular that are quite narrow and are for the most part one lane are the roads up Mt. Pleasant, and the Spring roads including part of the main road out to Spring and Industry from Port Elizabeth...and watch out for cement trucks...

Toronto, Canada
11. Re: Driving in Bequia

Thanks for the tips on the licence Rick. I will have the use of my mom's car when I am on the island and will be sure to visit the revenue office. In past visits I did not bother and just sneaked past the cop shop in the Harbour. For 65ec I will be legal this visit and drive right by.

On another topic I plan to bring my Kite surfing gear. Has any one seen any kite surfing happening on Bequia. I know there is quite a scene on Union Island. I am told kite surfers have been spotted at Industry and Hope by others.

Innisfil, Ontario...
12. Re: Driving in Bequia

I have a friend on the mainland that use to come to Bequia for wind surfing, guess that's similar. I think a couple years ago I saw someone kitesurfing, not sure how good it is or what part of the island would be best.

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
reviews: 19
13. Re: Driving in Bequia

We often see kite surfers at Spring during the winter months...they really move...

CANADA
14. Re: Driving in Bequia

Saw a kite surfer on the windward side of Mayreau two years ago ........ looked like he was doing about Mach 3

Toronto, Ontario
reviews: 18
15. Re: Driving in Bequia

Saw a whole bunch of kite surfers last year as we were walking past Spring--looked like some sort of competition was going on. On Union, though, they are really crazy, weaving in and out around anchored (and moving) boats--not to mention right at the end of the runway!

16. Re: Driving in Bequia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 15, 2014