We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lower Bay restaurants?

New York City, New...
reviews: 13
Lower Bay restaurants?

We will be staying in Lower Bay in January. It has been years since we have been I understand much has changed. What are the restaurant/bars now located in Lower Bay?

Here is what I know:

Dawns (but I heard it was closed)

De Reef

Keegans

Fernandos Hideaway

Cant Remember the Name--(but I heard they closed down too?)

Also, is there a place open for breakfast in lower bay?

Thanks!

pa
31. Re: Lower Bay restaurants?

I LOVE DeReef, the fish dinners are wonderful, the lobster salad is amazing, I love it all. The service is slow, not served in a new york minute...... but hey who's in a rush??? Best location in Bequia IMO

New York City, New...
reviews: 13
32. Re: Lower Bay restaurants?

We just back from a few relaxing days on Lower Bay. I wanted to share some of my observations on the restaurants.

1. Keegans: Good spot..we had some very nice mahi-mahi here and the place seems to have people in and out all day so there was a fun feel to it. Wednesday night was movie night and very crowded but a lot of fun. Only complaint is their rum punch isn't as good as other spots.

2. De Reef:This place has gotten some bad reviews lately, but we had a good time here. A rain shower drove everyone into the bar for drinks and two very happy women were working the bar. Service was fast and great and the rum punch was excellent and VERY strong. We did not have food here but found the place quite pleasant

3. Dawns: New location in lower bay at end of road. Not crowded, but great breakfast and the coffee and fresh juices were particulary good.

4. La Plage: We didnt go and didnt see anyone eating there but the menu looked interesting

5. Nandos: Didn't go this trip.

And finally Petras Mini-Mart. I did not know about this place until this trip, but we went there daily to get fruit, bottled water, coffee grounds and other items. Very convenient.

Hebron, Connecticut
33. Re: Lower Bay restaurants?

I have been very amused by the portion of this thread that offers an analysis of the service at De Reef and why changes might have occurred. When I first came to Bequia to visit my in-laws, they would take us to lunch at Da Reef with the following instructions: first grab a table and order lunch, then take a very long swim, then lay out for a little sunbathing, then think about returning to your table and it should only be about 10-15 minutes until lunch arrived. By the way, that was 33 years ago!

Evolkids

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
reviews: 19
34. Re: Lower Bay restaurants?

we ate out on the patio along the beach at La Plage a few days ago...wonderful setting, great service with a smile and the warm goat cheese salad was delightful...

we've been to Nando's recently as well, and it's always delightful...I did drive by to see where Dawn is now located and will try it out eventually...it's easy to locate right behind the old Teresa's location...

UK
35. Re: Lower Bay restaurants?

Hi Chris

As I and others have been saying - service has ALWAYS been slow and that's not the issue - the problem in the past 2/3 years has been rudeness, surliness and downright ignoring of customers, unpredictable closing times, rigidity of menu options - suddenly you couldn't just get a portion of chicken or fish rather than a full meal - and so on.

Nobody would be more delighted than me to know that the smiles have come back to the staff and that the place is getting its old charm back

Iowa
reviews: 52
36. Re: Lower Bay restaurants?

Dawns in Lower Bay is a great addition! The breakfast and prices can't be beat. She offers a breakfast that comes with eggs, bacon, toast, coffee and juice for $22EC. Very handy when staying in Lower Bay. Very clean and really has done a great job around the building.

37. Re: Lower Bay restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 15, 2015