We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

low energy dc motor tropical palm style ceiling fans ?

Southampton, United...
reviews: 1
low energy dc motor tropical palm style ceiling fans ?

Hi , please can anyone advise me of where we can source 5 low energy dc motor tropical palm style ceiling fans that will run on Bequia's electrical system ? We have been looking for months and have only been able to find ultra modern or fans with finishes that really wont match the feel of our house !

Bequia
1. Re: low energy dc motor tropical palm style ceiling fans ?

Try "East West International" (www.eastwestintl.com). It is a company in the US south specializing in 220/240 appliances, etc. When you get to the site, click on "Other 22 volt products" in the upper menu. Then click on "Ceiling Fans". You will see a large number of fans of all types. Specifically look at the Hunter model numbers EX323, 324 & 326. I am familiar with the fans since I bought one last year for my house in Spring.

Southampton, United...
2. Re: low energy dc motor tropical palm style ceiling fans ?

thank you so much for your reply , I am just trying to get the technical spec for some of the fans on that site now , much appreciated

Ontario Canada
3. Re: low energy dc motor tropical palm style ceiling fans ?

There is a Hunter Fan distributor on Mustique.

Milsom Construction Co. Ltd.

Messellia House

Mustique

Phone: (784) 488-8391

Hunter Fans International website:http://www.hunterfaninternational.com/

London, United...
4. Re: low energy dc motor tropical palm style ceiling fans ?

We had exactly the same problem earlier this year and couldn't source any DC fans which were 'traditional' in design. Instead we bought Hunter Outdoor Elements II which although AC still only use 3x the power of the DC fans (60W cf 15W under full load so not a lot different unless you have a house full on 24/7). These are good quality, have palm shaped (GRP) blades and come in rustic colors.

As a general warning - don't buy anything other than outdoor use types even for indoors as the sea blast on Bequia will wreak them. Especially avoid the Westinghouse units which break down or get salted up + the blades come apart in the humidity.

We got ours from Tec-Serv in Mustique who can source them from Europe and have regualr shipments right into Bequia. Not cheap though but worth it in the long run.

Southampton, United...
5. Re: low energy dc motor tropical palm style ceiling fans ?

thanks for the details ! Much appreciated !

Southampton, United...
6. Re: low energy dc motor tropical palm style ceiling fans ?

Hi , i wonder if you could post a telephone number or a website link for Tech Serv , google isn't helping me to find their details ? ( and thanks for the great advice ! )

7. Re: low energy dc motor tropical palm style ceiling fans ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bequia