We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quite possibly the ultimate book about Bequia

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
reviews: 19
quite possibly the ultimate book about Bequia

just got my copies of the newly released, Bequia, A Feast of Color, paintings by Peter Carr, but this is not just a picture book, though the pictures alone are good enough reason to buy the book, but many of the paintings have a description of the painting with history of the subject by local historian Nolly Simmons, and by Bob Berlinghof...it's a fantastic book and if you were only going to buy one book to remind you of Bequia, this is it...it's so good that I bought copies to send to friends who have been here and won't be able to get back for a while...if you can't get here this winter or if you just don't want to wait that long to get a copy, you can order it through the Bequia Bookshop bequiabookshop@vincysurf.com or if you are here the books are available from Pat Mitchell at the Gingerbread, from Maranne's Ice Cream, and from Shaverne Ollivierre sollivierre1@gmail.com... I think a really interesting thing to do would be to take a few long walks around Bequia with book in hand and a camera to try to capture photos of the same scenes...

Barbados
reviews: 2
1. Re: quite possibly the ultimate book about Bequia

Have to agree with you Ladolcevita, it is indeed a real treasure and an essential souvenir for anyone who knows and loves Bequia. Peter's paintings are as scrumptious as ever and Nolly and Bob's commentaries just add to the feast. Books are also available at Julie Lea's Mango Art Studio (on the hill behind Gingerbread) where you can see many of Peter Carr's original water colour and oil paintings. Hats off to Julie Lea who had the vision and passion to bring this book to fruition!!!!

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
2. Re: quite possibly the ultimate book about Bequia

thanks InsandOuts...your post reminds me that Peter Carr's art is available for sale at Mango Studio, not just for viewing...Julie did an amazing job...

St Maxime
reviews: 11
3. Re: quite possibly the ultimate book about Bequia

What is the cost of this book and how can it be ordered on-line (to be shipped overseas) please ?

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
4. Re: quite possibly the ultimate book about Bequia

it costs $85.EC here...you'd have to contact the Bequia Bookshop to find out the details about shipping costs

Charleston, South...
reviews: 11
5. Re: quite possibly the ultimate book about Bequia

Are there any dealers for the book other than Canadian?

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
6. Re: quite possibly the ultimate book about Bequia

as far as I know, the book is only available here in Bequia, or it can be shipped if you buy it from the Bequia Bookshop...no Canadian involvement...

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 31
7. Re: quite possibly the ultimate book about Bequia

Thank You for the heads up! Three great guys and Julie's insight....this is a must have for me. Anyone who has shipping info from Bequia Bookstore pls post. Hoping to fit SVG into other planned trips this Year to the Caribbean and Central America. If we can't, I'll want a couple of copies of the book!

8. Re: quite possibly the ultimate book about Bequia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 28, 2014