We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

young Island - Hillside cottages with pool

Dallas
young Island - Hillside cottages with pool

Has anyone stayed in a hillside cottage w/ a plunge pool? We tried to get the seaside but where unable to. Are those two cottages nice? worth the extra expense? How far from the beach and from the restaurant are they?

Also, has anyone gone on the 2 day sailaway? How was it? How was the food? Was there enough to do?

Thanks for your response,

Matt

Somerset, New Jersey
1. Re: young Island - Hillside cottages with pool

Hi Matt,

My new husband and I just returned from staying two weeks in St Vincent and the Grenadines. The first week we stayed on Young Island. We stayed in cottage #29 which is a hillside cottage with a plunge pool. The hillside cottage's plunge pools are new, The pools were just put in in November, they are significantly larger than the ones in the beachfront rooms. The beachfront cottage are not beachfront, the beach was washed away. My husband and I thought we had the best cottage on the island. Yes they are about 125 steps up the hill, the only draw back. But this is what makes these cottages so wonderful, they are completely secluded, no one walks by and you will have utter privacy. The so called beachfromt ones are right behing the pool so they are not as private. Another advantage of being on the hillside of course is the geogerous view you wake up to every morning of St. Vincent, Bequia and Mustique!!! Being higher on the hillside makes the rooms much cooler during the night. Nice cool breezes comes through the room, (no a/c) gets pretty cool at night, we found ourselves sleeping under the covers. Overall we were extremely pleased with the room, it was huge! The food was excellent and we would recommend Young Island to anyone! Please make sure you take sometime and tour St. Vincent, it truly is a beautiful island with black sand beaches, rainforrest, volcano and waterfalls! Although we did not personnaly do the two day sail away, many couples that we spoke to on the island that did do the sail away loved it! I hope this helps! Have a wonderful time!

Best Regards,

Jennifer

P.S.-We also stayed in the southern Greneadines on Palm Island, I would highly recommend this resort also!! Very different in the southern part than the northern part of the Grenadines

Delaware
2. Re: young Island - Hillside cottages with pool

Matt,

I agree with the previous poster. I was married on YI in February. We stayed on the beach in cottage #8. The beach was pretty washed away, but we still loved our room. We met a couple who were staying in #29 and it was really nice!!! The steps were quite a hike but worth it. You could open the entire room with sliding doors! We plan on going back and if we can do it, getting the pool.

Across from YI is a locals area with a few bars. The music was kind of loud on Saturday nights pretty late. The folks who stayed in #29 couldn't hear any of that. Previous posters complained about the noise also. However, we personally didn't find it all that offensive.

We did the sail-away also. I would recommend it. It was a great way to see other islands. OR you could take the ferry to Bequia and Mustique pretty inexpensive for day trips. Hire a taxi on Mustique and they will show you around in the land of the ultra rich and famous. Otherwise you might be bored in Mustique. There is plenty to do in Bequia. Our captain was very informative. The food on the boat was really not much to write home about, but decent. (The food on YI is excellent).

I hope this helps. Young Island is amazing! I hope you enjoy your trip.

3. Re: young Island - Hillside cottages with pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, August 16, 2009