We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Having your wedding at Buccament? Think Again!!!!!

Which St. Vincent hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Having your wedding at Buccament? Think Again!!!!!

So, as a Vincentian native living abroad I just recently (christmas 2012) got engaged! My fiance is from the UK and we thought it would be great to have our wedding at Buccament Bay Resort as it does look lovely!!

Right away, I contacted Harlequin with some questions and concerns that we had (what Bride-to-be would not) just to ensure that our wedding day goes perfect. Well what a surprise we got.

First of all, it took the so-called wedding coordinator at the Resort almost A MONTH to get back to me and when she finally did, half of my questions were not even answered!!!!!!! I then emailed to find out if we, my fiance and I, could be given a quote for a deposit and a possible date as to when we will need to put down the deposit. Well shock shock horror when we were ignored for yet almost another month!!!

When I emailed back threatening to forget about having my wedding there and looking into other possible locations on different islands, what do you know???? I received an email from the MIA wedding coordinator in st.vincent and the advisor based in the UK saying that the other will send me a quote........as you can see, either they don't have a clue as to what they are doing or they really haven't filed there financials in almost a decade and are about to be bunked off everyone's list!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE HAVE A SECOND, THIRD, FOURTH, THINK ABOUT BOOKING WITH HARLEQUIN!!!!!!!!!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
reviews: 2
1. Re: Having your wedding at Buccament? Think Again!!!!!

Speedy responses. I would never give those guys a deposit.

When I stopped in (February 2013) and asked for a tour it could not be arranged. Did they have something to hide?

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 31
2. Re: Having your wedding at Buccament? Think Again!!!!!

I think being married in SVG is a great idea! There is a terrific wedding planner on Bequia and several lovely venues!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
reviews: 2
3. Re: Having your wedding at Buccament? Think Again!!!!!

SVG has a series of wonderful choices for a wedding. Buccament is not yet amongst those good choices.

Rent a couple of largish villas and have a great party on Bequia. We have "attended" two weddings there. No idea who was getting married (the big white dress gave one participant away), but we were on the beach and so were they.

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 31
4. Re: Having your wedding at Buccament? Think Again!!!!!

Sugar Reef makes a great setting and Sue Gabriel is a great planner!

trinidad
reviews: 4
5. Re: Having your wedding at Buccament? Think Again!!!!!

Try Coco Reef Tobago.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
reviews: 67
6. Re: Having your wedding at Buccament? Think Again!!!!!

Why would an SVG national wanting to get married at home go to Tobago? Utterly unhelpful post.

Trinidad & Tobago
7. Re: Having your wedding at Buccament? Think Again!!!!!

Well she got no help from Buccament Bay, someone just gave her an option where she will get great help and service. So not utterly unhelpful as you state.

8. Re: Having your wedding at Buccament? Think Again!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent