We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

St. Vincent
Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

Share your charter experience with Tradewinds in St Vincent and the Grenadines!

Edited: 8:13 pm, November 14, 2012
41. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it made false or speculative claims about TripAdvisor and its staff, or it quoted or summarized private correspondence from TripAdvisor staff.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:14 am, October 07, 2013
42. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it made false or speculative claims about TripAdvisor and its staff, or it quoted or summarized private correspondence from TripAdvisor staff.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:14 am, October 07, 2013
Edited: 3:14 am, October 07, 2013
Edinburgh, United...
43. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

My husband and I have recently had the pleasure of Sailing in St. Vincent and the Grenadines 18th to 25th May on the Tradewinds boat 'Jo' our Captain was IIan and first mate Shani. We had a wonderful time our young Israili crew were enthusiastic,helpful and did not have a sales pitch. Shani is a terrific cook and never ceased being kind and helpful.We had Sandi and Ted, Debbie and Ted, and Rene and Chris as our fellow guests whom we did not know prior to our trip but we all got on really well even though we were the only Scots amongst 6 Americans . If there was a vote we would vote Shani and IIan the best crew ever (we have been on Tradewinds before and are not members).

Teresa and John.

44. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

Removed on: 3:12 am, October 07, 2013
45. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

Removed on: 3:12 am, October 07, 2013
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Bequia, St. Vincent
reviews: 2
46. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

Rob

It is simple. The only posts most of these people ever make are about your cruises. You have to admit those could be faked. I am not accusing you anything other than encouraging your customers to post a review. It just looks a bit funny when only 1 review is posted by a person.

If they had also posted something about one of the islands they visited or about some other vacation in some other part of the world their reviews would look better. But maybe your customers are just not into this kind of thing.

The Internet and all of its nooks and crannies contains a huge amount of garbage. Critical thinking is required. I am just asking people to do just that.

And dwhopper is my real name. Those who know me chuckle at its potential multiple interpretations.

Kingstown, St...
47. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

It never entered my head, and I doubt theirs, that my guests should write about things other than the cruise they have just been on to convince you and other cynics like you that what they are writing about is what they have just experienced!

We ask all our guests on departure to spread the word of what we do here in St Vincent, all promise but only about 1 in 10 actually do it, I wish it was more but there is nothing we can do about that. I would guess that most people are far to busy with their lives when they get home to write even one review never mind several, and I expect all of them could care less whether you think they are genuine or not!

I care, we have put a great deal of work into ensuring our guests have a fantastic time when they cruise with us, and I don't appreciate a "serial poster" like you, who has never even been here, muddying the waters and calling my guests integrity into question by suggesting this is anything other than honest folk telling their own story in their own words.

The fact that these are all single posts should tell you that, and perhaps it should also tell you its time you found a different hobby!

Rob

Agoura Hills...
reviews: 7
48. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

Some of the best weeks of our life have been spent on Tradewinds' Catamarans.

We have sailed with them in BVI, Guadeloupe, St Maarten, and recently St Vincent. I think the prettiest trip has been St Vincent so far, though barely nudging out the BVI, due to there being far less boats in SV. Sailing among that archipelago is wonderful to always have an island ahead, to the side, and behind. Each location is picture perfect, the water is warm, the fish are plentiful, and the crew ( most recently Liezl and Andre ), knew how to take care of us extremely well. What an awesome couple ! From their knowledge of the island locale and sights to see while moored, to the top notch service on their awesome 59' boat, "Further", we were able to dive and snorkel often, dine well, and relax completely. We are definitely looking forward to the next Tradewinds sailing.

Dan & Janet in Los Angeles

California
reviews: 3
49. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

Our family of 3 generations just took this trip with Tradewinds on Jade. Our crew were John and Savannah. We cannot say enough about how wonderful they were. From the moment we got up until we slipped into bed at the end of the day they were taking care of our every need. John patiently taught our teenage grandsons to sail, while Savannah was our dive master and snorkel leader. She is also an amazing chief. The food and drinks are all personalized. It's quite amazing. We are well seasoned travelers and were still very impressed. The islands themselves are spectacular. It seems the quintessential Caribbean. We did some the best diving we've ever done (even in Australia). We loved the turtle and ray snorkel at Tobago. We also loved the beach dinner at Pt. St. Vincent. So many wonderful memories. We travelled the first week of July, technically off season, and loved that it was so quiet. Felt like we had the Caribbean to ourselves.

In summary we were charmed by the area and completely spoiled by our crew. Fabulous, fabulous vacation. Thank you John, Savannah, Rob and all the Tradewinds employees.

Judi, Bill, Tracy, Morgan and Hunter

California
reviews: 3
50. Re: Tradewinds charter in St Vincent and the Grenadines

Oops Savannah.......a typo. You are an amazing chief, but also and amazing chef. LOL

Get answers to your questions about St. Vincent and the...
Recent Conversations