We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What has become of Hurricane Cove?

Which Nevis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Paul, MN
reviews: 11
What has become of Hurricane Cove?

Does anyone know what has become of Hurricane Cove Bungalows since it was sold? We stayed there for our wedding and honeymoon in 2011, with the intention of going back again someday (it was an amazing trip!), but got word from the manager at some point in the past couple of years that the property was being sold. She said she wasn't allowed to comment on the new owner's intentions for the property and I haven't been able to find anything online. Am mostly curious if the bungalows are just being updated, or if the buildings have been bulldozed with a different concept in mind.

3 replies to this topic
Sidney, Canada
reviews: 16
1. Re: What has become of Hurricane Cove?

This past December, there was a "development permit" (or Nevis equivalent) posted that indicated that H/C would be refurbished and cater to a more holistic and natural/vegetarian retreat client base. Taking into account "Nevis time", this may be some time away and/or simply speculation. I didn't see any tourist activity at H/C in late Nov. or mid-Dec....but could be wrong in assumption that it was closed. Great location and views but, IMO, saddly out of date. Other forumites will probably have better information. Cheers, Richard.

Nevis
reviews: 1
2. Re: What has become of Hurricane Cove?

HC has been closed ever since it was sold several months ago. I talked with Kathryn, the old manager there (who is still living on the property), a few weeks ago. The old bungalows are going to be dismantled. I haven't seen any plans for what the new owners are planning to do, although what Viceroy says above is the "island rumor". I looked into buying HC when it first came up for sale, and given the asking the price and its current profitablity, the only thing that could be done is scrape it and start anew.

St. Paul, MN
reviews: 11
3. Re: What has become of Hurricane Cove?

Thank you both for your replies! My earlier response didn't post for some reason, but I do appreciate the info. Yes HCB was dated, but we still loved it. Will be very curious to see what pops up there in the future. Nevis deserves another great property, so I hope whatever is built turns out to be amazing.

Reply to: What has become of Hurricane Cove?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted