We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nevis Beachfront Dining:

Which Nevis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sidney, Canada
reviews: 14
Nevis Beachfront Dining:

I’ve made a statement about there only being five true beachfront restaurants on Nevis…and taken to task for this observation. Here are the five that are right on swim-able beaches with golden sand, beach chairs and some shade structures (at no cost for guests) immediately in front. The first 4 face west for glorious sunsets and potential to see the “green flash”. They are: Yachtsman Grill and Bar, Chrishi Beach Club, Coconut Grove and Oualie Hotel, with the fifth, Nisbet Plantation Inn Beach Bar facing east for great sunrises and breakfast and lunch.

Yes, there are the famous/infamous beach bars just to the south of the Four Seasons, notably, Sunshines, Lime and Double Deuce. They are a couple of hundred feet from admittedly another great beach and chairs can rented…but are not beachfront by my definition.

Two other beachfront locations (no beach to speak of, but the ocean is right there), are Mangos (part of the 4 Seasons, just north of the main property) and Pizza Beach Restaurant, just off the east side of the Nevis airport.

It should go without saying the 4 Seasons could be included but during the holiday season, the main resort is restricted to hotel guests only. And, Montpelier Plantation Inn, located at a upper hillside of Mt. Nevis, has transfers to a beach club for their guests.

If I’ve missed any venue, please me know. Of those mentioned, I can recommend all of them as at one time or another over the past couple of years visiting Nevis, I sampled their menu offerings and adult beverages, with no complaint.

Enjoy, eh! Cheers, Richard.

10 replies to this topic
Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
reviews: 5
1. Re: Nevis Beachfront Dining:

Just a point of clarification: Chrishi Beach has just announced new hours of operation as being from 12 Noon to 4PM Tuesday thru Sunday. It seems they will no longer be open for "sunset" cocktails or dinner - this according to Week'y Events flyer being distributed by the Nevis Tourism Authority.

Sidney, Canada
2. Re: Nevis Beachfront Dining:

Thanks, CaribSurfer...we've only been on island for 5 days so haven't caught up on some local info. We'll be here until Christmas...our ninth year of vacationing in what we consider our second home, two months at a time. If you're in the Oualie neighbourhood, I'd be happy to meet up and buy you an adult beverage. And, if you haven't made to the Yachtsman Grill, now reopened for the season, strongly suggest it...among many good "things", their wood-fired pizza oven turns our some of the best p/pies around (US$12 - $19). Cheers, Richard.

Cochrane, Canada
reviews: 3
3. Re: Nevis Beachfront Dining:

You can't leave out Sunshine's, he's an icon in the Federation. There is also Chevy's and Double Deuce. These are local beach restaurants.

Enjoy your stay on St Kitt's and Nevis.

Patrick Fobert

St. Catharines...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Nevis Beachfront Dining:

Chrishi Beach, according to their advertising, is open for Lunch from 12 p.m. - 5 p.m. on Tuesdays through Sundays and open for dinner from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. on Tuesdays through Fridays.

Sidney, Canada
5. Re: Nevis Beachfront Dining:

Hello, Patric: I didn't leave out Sunshines but did leave out Chevy's...oops about the latter. Never the less, I stand by my selections of my definition of 5 superlative "beach dining" venues. FYI, we had a lobster sandwich with fries at Sunshines, lunch today....very nice, but still a hundred or more feet to the beach. Cheers, Richard.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
6. Re: Nevis Beachfront Dining:

Sorry, Robbiemo but Chrishi Beach has a "new" advertisement just out this week. They are now open 12:00 Noon to 4PM Tuesday through Sunday. Their sign out front by the road confirms those times. They were DEFINITELY CLOSED last night (Friday).

On another note, I have to agree with Viceroy about Sunshine's, and Chevy's - it's difficult to classify them as "beachfront" since they sit quite far back from the water's edge although they both do have a limited view of the water. Lime is even further back and partially "behind" Chevy's so water view is even more limited while Double Deuce is even further back along the access road to Pinney's Beach with both Lime and Chevy's between it and the water. But, yes they will all meet anyone's definition of the quintessential beach bar.

Nevis
7. Re: Nevis Beachfront Dining:

Dear Caribsurfer,

I wish you would take your time to talk to us instead of making up your own words about other businesses. Because of the road sign. You know we put alot of effort to inform people of what's going on on this island. But we do one thing at a time. I don't know who you are, so it's hard for me to contact you directly.

Anyway to clarify a few things.

Chrishi Beach Club is a place where they entertain all people at all times as much as possible. We have been through a very though slow season, where Chrishi Beach Club as the only beach front place, managed to stay open through the whole time. I call that service to the tourists, expats & locals. I just feel Nevis needs something through the year. Anyway, now it's a new season coming up and we all are ready to go full speed ahead. First Chrishi Beach Club went back to full speed on lunch and now Chrishi Beach Club is ready to do full speed on dinner as well. So to clarify the opening hours. Chrishi Beach Club will do Lunch from 12-5pm. Tuesday-Sunday. You can get drinks in the bar from 10am, for beach guests, when the girls arrive. Then Chrishi Beach Club will do dinners Tuesday-Friday from 5pm-9pm, with the bar open at all times, and not being closed before the last guest decides to go home. It all start on Friday the 15th of November. Season opening. Chrishi Beach Club is also going to have romantic dinner tables right on the beach this season, to be able to watch the beautiful sunsets. So please correct your statement and please don't be so negative about Chrishi Beach Club. Chrishi Beach Club really tries the best to do 100%.

Second, I would like to have you invited up to Zenith Nevis, so you can get the right feeling about whats going on up there and that you can see that the view from that house is spectacular, instead of writing BS about the Seabridge. IIt has not been one guest who has complained about the sea bridge in any way. But I have seen with my own eyes the best reviews a place can dream of. You can see it in the guest book in the house. So please contact me if you want to test the house. I can make arrangements. If you don't want to, please erase all the negativity you have written about Zenith Nevis as well.

It does not help anybody to spread bad words on this planet.

Thank you for your understanding.

NevisTravel

St. Catharines...
8. Re: Nevis Beachfront Dining:

Dear Caribsurfer,

I wish you would take your time to talk to the business owners instead of making up your own words about other businesses. Because of the road signs or other rumors you hear. You know owners put alot of effort to inform people of what's going on on this island. But they can only do one thing at a time. I don't know who you are, so it's hard for me to contact you directly.

Anyway to clarify a few things I know for a fact.

Chrishi Beach Club is a place where they entertain all people at all times as much as possible. We have been through a very though slow season, where Chrishi Beach Club as the only beach front place, managed to stay open through the whole time. I call that service to the tourists, expats & locals. I just feel Nevis needs something through the year and they gave their full effort. Anyway, now it's a new season coming up and all the restaurants are ready to go full speed ahead. First Chrishi Beach Club went back to full speed on lunch and now Chrishi Beach Club is ready to do full speed on dinner as well. So to clarify the opening hours. Chrishi Beach Club will do Lunch from 12-5pm. Tuesday-Sunday. You can get drinks in the bar from 10am, for beach guests, when the girls arrive. Then Chrishi Beach Club will do dinners Tuesday-Friday from 5pm-9pm, with the bar open at all times, and not being closed before the last guest decides to go home. It all start on Friday the 15th of November. Season opening. Chrishi Beach Club is also going to have romantic dinner tables right on the beach this season, to be able to watch the beautiful sunsets. So please correct your statement and please don't be so negative about Chrishi Beach Club. Chrishi Beach Club really tries their best. And I think they do a pretty good job.

Second, I would like to have you invited up to Zenith Nevis, so you can get the right feeling about whats going on up there and that you can see that the view from that house is spectacular, instead of writing BS about the Seabridge. It has not been one guest who have complained about the Sea bridge in any way. But I have seen with my own eyes the best reviews a place can dream of. You can see it in the guest book in the house. So please contact me if you want to test the house. I can make arrangements. If you don't want to, please erase all the negativity you have written about Zenith Nevis as well. You have to get your facts right before you step on businesses on this fragile little island.

It does not help anybody to spread bad words on this planet.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Hedda

St. Catharines...
9. Re: Nevis Beachfront Dining:

Just to clarify, the above message was written by Hedda Wienpahl, the owner of Chrishi Beach. She was unable to post her reply on Trip Advisor, and asked me to do so for her.

Why don't you drop into Chrishi Beach yourself Caribsurfer, and Hedda and her husband would be happy to show you around!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
10. Re: Nevis Beachfront Dining:

This is to Hedda:

Listen, I eat at Chrishi Beach regularly (at least once every 10 days or so) and have always given it very good reviews. In fact we wanted to dine there last evening (Friday) but the road sign showed your hours as 12 to 4 and from the definite lack of lighting at the restaurant it certainly looked like you were closed so we dined elsewhere.

As far as this thread is concerned I merely commented on the "new hours" based on the Chrishi Beach "Flyer" that was distributed in this week's "e-mailing" from the Nevis Tourist Authority which says in two separate places that the NEW OPENING HOURS ARE 12-4PM TUESDAYS THRU SUNDAYS as well as the "sandwich board" sign that you have posted on the road at the entrance to the property - sorry but those operating hours appear to be your words not mine. In fact you used the term "NEW OPERATING HOURS" on the Flyer. Sorry but you can't expect to us patrons to be mind readers.

If you have a problem with the inaccurate reporting of your operating hours I suggest you talk with the person(s) responsible for proofreading your flyer and roadside sign and maybe with Yevette Jackman at the Nevis Tourism Authority to be sure they are publishing the correct flyer rather than shoot the messenger. I only repeated what you published.

By the way, you should know I'm not the only Ex-Pat who is under under the impression you changed your hours as it was a topic brought up to me by at least 6 other people during the past few days.

As far as Zenith Nevis is concerned I did originally comment on another thread that I thought the view from the villa was somewhat limited but the record shows I quickly corrected that statement after walking past the property later that day following a comment by my friendly contributor NevisMoke. I admit It had been a while since I actually look at the view from the villa and my recollection was somewhat different from the actual view. Anyway, I did not hesitate to update my comments on that particular thread.

Lastly, I have, on occasion, made non-flattering comments about the proximity of the Seabridge Car Ferry and the construction of the "Marina Villa" complex to both Chrishi Beach and, by extension, Zenith Nevis Villa and I have commented as well as on the closeness of the villa to the main island road. I have no qualms about doing so. Sorry but these are facts. The SeaBridge Ferry complex is right there at the north end of your beach in clear view of almost every table in your restaurant and you can definitely hear the ferry coming/going and even when its engine is just idling while loading and unloading. If I can hear it while eating at your restaurant I'm sure it can be heard from other areas around your property. Likewise the contruction at the Marina complex is ongoing and while some might consider that to be a detraction the the quiet enjoyment of the Chrishi Beach property it will hopefully be only temporary in nature. And the villa is close to the road. Right now these things are what they are and no "sugar coating" can change that. let me also add that I don't know of anyone who "likes" the location of the Seabridge - it's an eyesore for all of us who live on the island.

I do recognize that many of the businesses and restaurants on Nevis have had a difficult time these past few years due to the poor economy and I certainly hope you and all the others do well in the future.

Edited: 11:58 am, November 09, 2013
Reply to: Nevis Beachfront Dining:
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted