We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The current weather

Which Nevis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cocoa Beach, Florida
The current weather

We are arriving on Friday for one week and I noticed that we are at about 50% chance of rain each day. Is this typical island/Mt rain where it only rains a little bit in one area of the island or do I need to worry that we will be rained out?

Thanks.

Sidney, Canada
reviews: 14
1. Re: The current weather

Tropical weather...some periodic rain....no snow forecast. No worries. Cheers, Richard.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
reviews: 5
2. Re: The current weather

Don't waste your time/effort checking on-line weather forecasts for any island in the Caribbean (Nevis included) as they almost ALWAYS predict rain. Like Viceroy says, it's the tropics and Nevis is a lush mountainous island so it will likely rain someplace on the island for sometime every day. The rain when it does come is usually in the form of brief, fast moving showers lasting minutes rather than hours. They are more likely to occur up in the rain forests (hence the name) or in the evenings. When the occur during the day it is not unusual for it to sprinkle in one area and there be bright sun 1/4 mile away. Why, I've even seen it rain in my front yard and be dry as a bone in my back yard. All day rains are rare.

Leave your umbrella at home, pack plenty of sun block.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
3. Re: The current weather

Thank you! One other question, I noticed the forecast calls for about 15 mph wind daily has the dive boat been running? Yes I know the trade winds blow but wind can impact diving. I have been skunked by wind on other islands.

4. Re: The current weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, October 24, 2013
San Francisco...
reviews: 8
5. Re: The current weather

Hello -

Could anyone give a sense of what the weather has been like in Charlestown the last few days? The forecasts all say thunderstorms, but I'm not sure if that is meant as fleeting and sporadic or if it really is a stormy May this year.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
reviews: 5
6. Re: The current weather

No rain in Charlestown - there were some light sprinkles up in the rain forest.

Scroll up and see my earlier reply to OP for more info.

I'll repeat, don't waste your time looking at online weather forecasts or trying to correlate what you see/read with actual weather conditions. Online forecasts ALWAYS predict rain. The locals never pay attention to them.

7. Re: The current weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 05, 2014