We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide Book?

Missoula
reviews: 9
Guide Book?

We are going to Cayman Brac in Jan. for 5 weeks, we have never been there and have heard about the book "Adventuring on Cayman Brac" but see that is was last printed in 2002 so wondering if it is still a good reference guide.

3 replies to this topic
New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 41
1. Re: Guide Book?

It probably is. Otherwise ask any of the local business to point you where to go. The Brac is very small and my guess is that all the locals know each other and their island extremely well. If anything the guide might have more in it than is there now. The Brac did suffer some pretty significant storm damage a couple of years ago and that coupled with the closing of Divi has made life on the island even more intimate.

Cayman Brac
reviews: 5
2. Re: Guide Book?

The Brac has been rebuilt since the hurricane so that doesn't have any bearings on the book. DIVI also closed since the book as well as at least one restaurant. Several restaurants and businesses have opened since then as well but like retrip said, " you can always ask the locals and they will be happy to assist you.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 60
3. Re: Guide Book?

I just got back from my first trip to Cayman Brac last week, and while I was there, I read this book cover to cover! We found a copy in our rental house. Sure, it's not 100% accurate any more, and the photos are dated from long before 2002 :-) But it is still a really fun book to read in anticipation of a vacation...I say just buy it :-)

Reply to: Guide Book?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted