We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather right now - is what I'm reading accurate?

North Wales
Weather right now - is what I'm reading accurate?

We're not due to come to Cayman Brac until July but I've been checking the weather daily and the websites I'm using here in the UK show the last week as being mainly overcast and also the next ten days look the same. Please tell me the sun comes out sometimes on the Brac!!

This time last year we were in the Bahamas and every day was overcast, we hardly saw any sunshine. My husband will be so disappointed if we don't get any sun at all :(

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
reviews: 18
1. Re: Weather right now - is what I'm reading accurate?

I am seeing partly cloudy for the foreseeable future??? No sense in worrying, since you won't know until you get there anyway.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 70
2. Re: Weather right now - is what I'm reading accurate?

What we have found is that "partly cloudy" means you get some breaks from the sun during the latter part of the day.

Most days start out clear as a bell, then clouds slowly build during the late morning and afternoon. You will more than likely get more sun than you need during the day and will be happy for a few clouds later in the day!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 16
3. Re: Weather right now - is what I'm reading accurate?

The year we visited the Brac in July it was sunny the whole time

North Wales
4. Re: Weather right now - is what I'm reading accurate?

Thanks for the replies, we're going anyway so we will make the most of the weather whatever happens. But it's good to know that the sun does actually come out - last year in the Bahamas I didn't even get a tan and nobody believed I'd been on holiday lol.

Keeping my fingers crossed for wall-to-wall sunshine though. Thanks :)

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 88
5. Re: Weather right now - is what I'm reading accurate?

The sun comes out almost every day. Trying to predict the weather two months in advance is accomplishing nothing but making you anxious. Sometimes it rains for a few days on a week long vacation but it's unlikely. I'm sure it will all work out fine.

New York City, New...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Weather right now - is what I'm reading accurate?

I know April isn't the same month you'll be there, but when I was there last month for eight days it was sunny every single day. On only one morning did it rain, and it lasted maybe for an hour. It's sooo sunny on the island.

Edited: 5:02 pm, May 14, 2013
7. Re: Weather right now - is what I'm reading accurate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 16, 2014