We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to avoid noseeums!

Nottingham...
reviews: 18
Best time to avoid noseeums!

We have been going to Grand Cayman Island for the past 8 years and are considering going to Cayman Brac next year because we've pretty much done all we can do at GCM. We have been there in April and November but mostly in October and have never had a problem with bugs. The only time that we did have a few mosquitoes was in November. What is the best time of year to go to Cayman Brac to avoid most of the bugs - especially noseeums and mosquitoes? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 16
1. Re: Best time to avoid noseeums!

We have a couple of regular posters who live on the Brac, hopefully they will respond. I can only say that we vacationed there during the month of August, and I do not recall being bothered by noseeums. There were mosquitos at dusk and we used repellant if we were outdoors. It's pretty quiet there, most nights we stayed home. I found the same conditions when we stayed in Little Cayman during the month of November. In both locations, our days were noseeum and mosquito-free.

The house we rented on the Brac was full of ants but that's a whole other story : - )

2. Re: Best time to avoid noseeums!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 26, 2014