We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Headed to the Brac May 18-25, 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
Headed to the Brac May 18-25, 2013

After some research my wife and I have decided to travel to Cayman Brac this year. We are booked for a week in an apartment at Bamboo Bay. I believe it is called Featherstone. We don't dive but love to snorkel and hike when we can. We are mainly just looking for a relaxing week on the beach. I read another post about what to do and where to eat while on the Brac but I am not sure it is updated. Anyone that can give us some advice would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Nick

Texas City, Texas...
1. Re: Headed to the Brac May 18-25, 2013

Hey Nick, we will be there the same week - hopefully someone will post some updates. We don't dive either, some in our group like to snorkel, but most of us are looking to fish and relax and eat and drink and...

This will be our first trip to Brac and we are looking forward to it. Didn't want to hi-jack your thread, just wanted to give it a little bump...

Memphis, Tennessee
2. Re: Headed to the Brac May 18-25, 2013

No worries, Bill. Where are you staying on the Brac? I am hoping to be able to convince the wife to get a fishing charter while we are there. She gets terribly sea sick so I doubt she goes for it.

Texas City, Texas...
3. Re: Headed to the Brac May 18-25, 2013

We are staying at Seafan Meadows and I think that is in Bamboo Bay as well. Sea sick is no fun - hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Fairfield County, CT
reviews: 33
4. Re: Headed to the Brac May 18-25, 2013

The location is perfect, "aunt" Minnie and Hank are friendly, helpful, sweet and accommodating.They know everything about the island which will take one day to explore.The apartment is ridiculously beautiful, ON the ocean, and so quiet we can't tell you what it is like not to hear another human.Just waves, wind, and relaxation beyond description.If you hate crowds as much as we do, this is the place for you. Lie down in the hammocks, get fish from Hank, sit in the sun, close your eyes and take in the air and sea. Barbeque your dinner, sleep with all the windows and doors open because it is paradise found. Don't bring too many clothes because you only need shorts, tee shirts and bathing suits. Go snorkeling or diving (i had NO idea what I was doing but the Brac Scuba Shack was superb and low key), and go hiking along in local caves, eat in Star Island for excellent conch and fish fingers for under 30 US dollars. We cannot say enough about our apartment and how beautiful it is. Asian influence, decorated lovingly and tastefully. Minnie is just lovely and we are already planning next year's trip. Don't bring little little children unless they are well behaved, quiet and know how to treat property with respect.

Memphis, Tennessee
5. Re: Headed to the Brac May 18-25, 2013

Thanks so much for this info. I never got an email saying someone had replied to the thread. We are excited to head to the Brac in a few days.

North Vancouver
reviews: 23
6. Re: Headed to the Brac May 18-25, 2013

Not sure if there will be any impact but there are two public holidays that week. Monday Is Discovery Day and Wednesday is Election Day. Not sure about stores on the Monday, but for sure there will be no liquor stores open Wednesday or any alcohol served in licensed restaurants. Thinking it is just till the polls close.

Memphis, Tennessee
7. Re: Headed to the Brac May 18-25, 2013

Thanks for the heads up. We will take this into account.

8. Re: Headed to the Brac May 18-25, 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 12, 2014