We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayman Brac for non-divers?

Which Cayman Brac hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harbor Springs...
reviews: 26
Cayman Brac for non-divers?

We're a family of 4 (parents and 2 teens) who love to snorkel (my husband actually does dive but won't on this trip) and hike and need to be physically active for part of the day but also enjoy reading and playing games at night. We're not looking for nightlife. We've stayed on the other side of Grand Cayman (away from George Town) but even that was a bit busy for us. We live in a tourist town and don't need that for vacation. Would Cayman Brac be a good fit us? Or is it best for divers? And if you have any other suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. We've been looking at Eleuthera as well, it just seems like shore snorkeling is better in Cayman Brac. Thanks so much!

reviews: 7
11. Re: Cayman Brac for non-divers?

I also really appreciate the information. I am going to Cayman Brac with my sister and I was beginning to get a little worried, we snorkel but neither of us dive, this sounds encouraging.

Memphis, Tennessee
12. Re: Cayman Brac for non-divers?

My wife and I are headed there in May. This was a great thread for info. We do not dive but love to snorkel as well. I will start my own trip thread when I get the chance to get some more updated info.

Harbor Springs...
reviews: 26
13. Re: Cayman Brac for non-divers?

We had a great time. We used Cool Breeze charters two different days. The trip over to Little Cayman was such a treat. Everything is very accessible, and we saw tons of fish shore diving. Grocery stores are stocked with plenty of variety (keep an eye out for the barge) and people are friendly. The shore is very rocky except in select places, but that does ensure good snorkeling. Enjoy your time on the Brac!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 16
14. Re: Cayman Brac for non-divers?

there is nice little museum there if you're looking for things to do on land

Stillwater...
15. Re: Cayman Brac for non-divers?

GlassAli ... would love to hear more about the best snorkeling and swimming spots you found! How was the wind? We're headed there soon for two weeks. Many thanks!

16. Re: Cayman Brac for non-divers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cayman Brac