We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little Cayman Beach Resort or Southern Cross Club

midwest
reviews: 14
Little Cayman Beach Resort or Southern Cross Club

My wife and I are considering Little Cayman as our scuba destination this year. Which resort is the best? We plan to dive and just get away from it all. I am looking for the best accomodations, best dive staff, food, tranquility, etc. Any suggestions?

reviews: 2
1. Re: Little Cayman Beach Resort or Southern Cross Club

We stayed at Little Cayman Beach Resort last winter and it was great! While the accommodations are certainly not the Ritz, the staff was wonderful and the dive operation was second to none! We will definitely be going back and plan to stay there again!

midwest
reviews: 14
2. Re: Little Cayman Beach Resort or Southern Cross Club

Thanks for your reply. I made reservations at Little Cayman Beach Resort for this spring. Their prices were more in line with what we looking to spend. It's good to hear that they are first class operation. We are staying in the ocean front accomdations.

Scotland
3. Re: Little Cayman Beach Resort or Southern Cross Club

LCBR is a great place to stay. Currently my Uncle is one of the Dive Masters at the resort (Captain Ron) and it is one of the greatest places in the world. The atmosphere, the people and the diving are incredible and it is one experience you do not want to miss out on!

The Hungry Iguana (the local bar/restaurant) is friendly especially the bar maid Jackie. The diving exprience is out of this world and I promise you will not regret the trip.

Linden, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
reviews: 1
4. Re: Little Cayman Beach Resort or Southern Cross Club

We have stayed at both places ,both are very nice.

The one thing I liked better at SC is you stay in a cabin right on the beach.

The next time we go back ( and we will go back ,the diving is unbelievable ) we will stay at the LCBR ,it's a better value.

Clearwater
reviews: 4
5. Re: Little Cayman Beach Resort or Southern Cross Club

LCBR has more activity but by far the duplex units right on the beach are the bomb at SC. We loved it, nicely appointed, outdoor shower, great meals, great stories by Terri the bardtender who has been to just about everywhere.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 9
6. Re: Little Cayman Beach Resort or Southern Cross Club

It depends on what you are looking for. If you are seeking quiet relaxing accomodations with few people, choose SCC.

Re: Hungry Iguana - bring mosquito repellent! We didn't see a single one at SCC but we were eaten alive at the HI.

Crane Lake...
reviews: 28
7. Re: Little Cayman Beach Resort or Southern Cross Club

Have been going to Little Cayman since it opened...about 15 trips.....Wife and her girlfriends are going in August, war buddies and I are going in Sept. If you are a diver...LCBR is the only place to go. Food, staff and boats are great. Rooms are just rooms. There is no better site to dive in the Carb. In my opinion it is one of the top ten places to dive in the world. I have been to Palau, Yap, Tonga and all around the S.P., Maldives, and all of the Carb. ect.

Have dove with Capt Ron, Sunny and all the gang. If you don't dive...Little Cayman is just a flat hot coral island. Grass strip airport, fly in on twin otter. Airport office is the size of a large packing container. Limited to one... 50 lbs bag and one 15 lbs carry on. IF YOU ARE A DIVER GO>>>YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

8. Re: Little Cayman Beach Resort or Southern Cross Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 03, 2010