We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Cayman Suites or Comfort Suite

Which Seven Mile Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Grand Cayman Suites or Comfort Suite

Hi Guys, This will be my family of 4 first trip to GC. We have two 8 year old girls. Which hotel would you suggest for our family the Grand Cayman Suites or the Comfort Suite?

Thanks for your help in advance.

New Hope...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Grand Cayman Suites or Comfort Suite

Neither. For a family of 4, a condo would be a better choice. Since it is your first visit to Grand Cayman, the central and north areas of Seven Mile Beach would be the best choice.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 8
2. Re: Grand Cayman Suites or Comfort Suite

Beachsuites are in Central area of SMB, but with 2 eight year olds, you are better off renting a condo. Comfort Suites are Southern SMB, not directly on the beach, and beach area no where the quality of Central and Northern areas. For an idea of what is available look at caymanvacations.com and focus on Central area or Northern if you plan to rent a car for entire duration of your stay.

Grand Cayman
3. Re: Grand Cayman Suites or Comfort Suite

I would also recommend the condo route but if for some reason it is down to these two, I would go with GCBS. Enjoy!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 18
4. Re: Grand Cayman Suites or Comfort Suite

If a condo is not an option and those are the only 2 choices you have. I would go with Grand Cayman Beach Suites.

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 45
5. Re: Grand Cayman Suites or Comfort Suite

Since you are looking at comfort suites have you also considered Sunshine Suites Resort? It is not on the beach but is directly across from the best section of beach with easy access. Read the reviews. We loved our stay there.

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 41
6. Re: Grand Cayman Suites or Comfort Suite

The Beachsuites are much nicer all around than either Comfort Suites or Sunshine Suites. They are in totally different categories. I would do the condo, however after that my choice would be the BS hands down - no comparison.

Kansas
reviews: 30
7. Re: Grand Cayman Suites or Comfort Suite

I am not making a specific condo recommendation and I have no personal knowledge of either of mentioned facilities. But just as an example: comparing available website basic rates for a 1 bedroom, 1 sofa sleeper for 7 nights during both Spring Break in March and a week in June 2014:

GCBS $297 - June / $427 - March.

Aqua Bay $280 - June / $430 - March

Additionally, Aqua Bay for a 2 bedrooms plus sofa sleeper: $330 March / $430 March

The condo would offer a full size washer & dryer in your unit, a full kitchen, a full screened terrace, and full living room. The GCBS does not mention a washer & dryer on premises?, has a mini fridge & microwave and a "French" terrace in the lower end rooms.

Go for one of the numerous options for condos and enjoy your trip!

Edited: 3:20 pm, July 14, 2013
Kansas
8. Re: Grand Cayman Suites or Comfort Suite

Edit

2 bedroom sleeper sofa - * $330 June

Macomb, Illinois
reviews: 26
9. Re: Grand Cayman Suites or Comfort Suite

The advantage of staying at GCBS (instead of in a condo in the same price range) is that it is located within walking distance of many restaurants and water ops. Comparably priced condos would be located either at the northern end of SMB (where a car would be a must since you would have to drive to restaurants or to use a water op) or the southern end (where the entry into the water is rocky).

Obviously, only you know what your budget is and what is most important to you :)

Kansas
10. Re: Grand Cayman Suites or Comfort Suite

Good point Annie. Although it would be possible for a family preferring breakfast and lunch out of their condo kitchen (or packed in a soft sided cooler to take along to the beach or outing) to save enough money over a week of meals out / vs. cost of groceries to prepare in condo to pay for a rental car. I agree it all boils down to personal preference but, either way, sounds like a great time to be had!

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach