We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 Familes Travel to Grand Cayman

Which Seven Mile Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
6 Familes Travel to Grand Cayman

Hello TA,

Was looking at rental homes for our large party but they all seem so far away. Can anyone reccomend some rental properties or family friendly hotels in 7 mile beach area? I was looking at the Plantana which has some wonderful reviews. Any help would be appreaciated. We are travelling with two infants that are under 1, several other younger adults from 7 and up. Just want to be in an area where the kids will be safe and have fun with things to do etc..

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 43
1. Re: 6 Familes Travel to Grand Cayman

Take a look at the places listed at sites like caymanvacations.com, cicondos.com and caymanvacation.com and see what looks interesting, works for your budget etc. Then come back with questions. There are many wonderful wonderful places that will suit your needs.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 87
2. Re: 6 Familes Travel to Grand Cayman

I think you need to look in the larger complexes and see if you can get multiple units in that complex. That should give you at least the feeling that you are together. There are quite a few directly on Seven Mile Beach. Even though they may not be listed together, it's worth seeing if you can get everything you need.

if not, I can recommend a complex in West Bay, about 1.5 miles from the north end of Seven Mile Beach, that should be able to help you.

All of the complexes will be very safe, and most will have things to do for kids (even if they are more informal activities like "playing by the pool", "looking for fish", etc.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 17
3. Re: 6 Familes Travel to Grand Cayman

Could you clarify for me, are you a party of 6 people or 6 families traveling together? How many total in each group? Thanks.

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 31
4. Re: 6 Familes Travel to Grand Cayman

Any of the condo complexes in the SMB area would be suitable for many families traveling together, so that everyone has their own space, yet you have a communal pool, and of course, the beach. Especially when traveling with young children, we have found that it is much easier being in a condo set up than a hotel.

new york
reviews: 5
5. Re: 6 Familes Travel to Grand Cayman

We stayed at the Coral Stone Club and there was at least 6 families traveling together. They all had their own condo but they were all together by pool. This is a very nice resort, especially for young families because it is only 3 stories high. That being said. I don't have any young children anymore so I think I will stay next door at Beachcomber next time. The CSC is perfect for families with children.

Edited: 7:29 am, June 28, 2013
Oakville
6. Re: 6 Familes Travel to Grand Cayman

As already said, any of the condo complexes would be great for large family groups. There are some differences to be aware of though. We stayed at both the Beachcomber and VOG and both places were awesome but for different reasons. The Beachcomber was much like a suite (with a kitchen) at a luxury resort with hundreds of beach chairs (one per guest which is great) and a fancy pool and breathtaking views from the upper floors. VOG was very different in that it was more like we were living in a home on the beach (we had an oceanfront unit). Sand was right outside our patio door. There was no maze of beachchairs to wade through. Just sand and right to the water.

caymanbeachgirl
reviews: 1
7. Re: 6 Familes Travel to Grand Cayman

You could also check with the Caribbean Club, best of both worlds, spacious 3 bedroom units with Hotel service.

www.caymanvacations.com and www.caydirect.com list most places with multiple room units.

8. Re: 6 Familes Travel to Grand Cayman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach