We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental and Hair salon and massages on 7 mile beach

Which Seven Mile Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Car rental and Hair salon and massages on 7 mile beach

Hi there,

We arrive this sunday for a week - super excited - we are thinking of renting a car - though we may need a van as there will be 6 of us sometimes..... any suggestions?

Also we are attending a wedding and me and my mom need our hair done - any suggestions??

While I am asking - good massages on the beach???? reasonable prices ???

thanks,

Kathy

20 replies to this topic
Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
reviews: 4
1. Re: Car rental and Hair salon and massages on 7 mile beach

Where are you staying?

Toronto
2. Re: Car rental and Hair salon and massages on 7 mile beach

Coralstone Condos

Toronto
3. Re: Car rental and Hair salon and massages on 7 mile beach

Do you think we need a car rental? We will just be going for dinner and some grocery shopping....

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 18
4. Re: Car rental and Hair salon and massages on 7 mile beach

Always best to have a car, I've never recommended someone forego it if they intend to move about even an average amount, the taxi fares quickly add up to the cost of a cheap rental

Furius is probably the best hairdresser on island, I forget the name of the salon but if nothing has changed it's the one a few doors down from Pirates Den Pub, might be called Styles or Images? That salon is good though, even if he's not the best choice for you. I had a few too many jagerbombs at PDs one day and decided to get dark red highlights put in my hair, it went as well as could be expected

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 16
5. Re: Car rental and Hair salon and massages on 7 mile beach

Saj, you never fail to entertain me with your stories.

Edited: 6:42 pm, June 24, 2013
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
6. Re: Car rental and Hair salon and massages on 7 mile beach

There are still pictures floating around on my facebook. For the record, Furius wasn't responsible for the colour job and I think he probably would have talked some sense in to me

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 31
7. Re: Car rental and Hair salon and massages on 7 mile beach

Andys Rent A Car on Seven Mile Beach is just up the block from your condo, they pick up and drop off for free and are very reliable and can be booked as needed. There is also an Avis desk at the Westin hotel (also near your condo).

All the hotels have salons and spas, the Westin's spa is very beautiful. Had mani/pedi here and was pleased. Not sure about the Ritz, have never been there, but would imagine it would be a nice place for a massage. Not sure about hair, but the places mentioned above sound familiar.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
8. Re: Car rental and Hair salon and massages on 7 mile beach

I would hardly say all the hotels have salons and spas. The Ritz's Silver Rain Spa is by a mile the best on island, the Westin has a decent spa but not on the same level of service, products or price as the Ritz, the Marriott has a spa but I don't know of anybody going there. That's about it I think. I've only had one treatment at the Westin but I've used the facilities a few times, the power and water in my room was out and they told me to go shower in the spa's facilities, great management there. But in any case, I'd describe the facilities as more like a glorified locker room as opposed to the Ritz which is truly luxurious

I wouldn't recommend having Andys drop a car off to you, if you're not at the facility then you can't switch the car out easily for another, should the first option not take your fancy. The Andys location next to Coconut Joes is only a few minutes from the condo. Avis is good when they're having a sale, Hertz has a new fleet but can be priced higher than the competition

Toronto
9. Re: Car rental and Hair salon and massages on 7 mile beach

Thanks so very much everyone !!!! much appreciated, Kathy

Grand Cayman
10. Re: Car rental and Hair salon and massages on 7 mile beach

Furius works at 'The Salon' at Galleria. Joe who works there is also very good. It is very close to your condo.

Reply to: Car rental and Hair salon and massages on 7 mile beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach