We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I exchage US$ into KYD? How are US dollars handled?

Which Seven Mile Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Knoxville TN
reviews: 3
Should I exchage US$ into KYD? How are US dollars handled?

Hey guys

I'm going to 7MB beach this Thursday!!

I am bringing some cash..I know most places take US currency but is it better to get currency exchange at a bank or airport?

How does it work? For say, if I'm at the grocery store..do they give you both a US and KYD price?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 18
1. Re: Should I exchage US$ into KYD? How are US dollars handled?

Prices almost always in CI, everybody accepts USD, change given in CI barring exceptional circumstances. Fixed exchange rate, no need to exchange any money if you don't want to

Texas
reviews: 15
2. Re: Should I exchage US$ into KYD? How are US dollars handled?

The prices are almost always in CI, however in some of the tourist traps they are in US. If you are not sure, just ask. You do not ahve to exchange money, just know that if you pay in US dollars, your change will be in CI.

GC
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
reviews: 2
3. Re: Should I exchage US$ into KYD? How are US dollars handled?

The cash exchange rate is US$100 = CI$80

4. Re: Should I exchage US$ into KYD? How are US dollars handled?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach