We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visitor w/ teens and 23 year olds-advice

Which Seven Mile Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 33
First time visitor w/ teens and 23 year olds-advice

I have a group of two 16 year girls and two 20 and 23 boys---we do not dive, but we do snorkel. What are some activities you have found that teens enjoy and 20 somethings can do. It doesn't have to be together. Are there any clubs the 20 year olds would enjoy?

Staying at rental homes on the Ritz property.

Thanks in advance for your help

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 41
1. Re: First time visitor w/ teens and 23 year olds-advice

My kids have been going since they were toddlers both now in their 20's -- my daughter actually lives on the island. There are lots of places that your 20 year olds would enjoy. The only problem we have ever found is that many of the clubs are along the strip heading south. We are by the old Hyatt property which is closer than the RC. Getting cabs at night after the clubs close never seemed to be that easy, however, mine were easily able to walk back. If Saj reads this, he will happily give your family pointers, otherwise, just ask any of the staff/servers at the RC. I know for a fact some of them are experts on where 20 somethings can go out at night :)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 18
2. Re: First time visitor w/ teens and 23 year olds-advice

Exclusive Resorts at the Ritz, I assume? They are lovely villas, I've stayed at a couple and I think they were identical so the amenities should be consistent. The Ritz can arrange a private chef to come cook for you if you wish, a lot of flexibility in the ingredients and menu choice so you can tailor it to your wishes. I had a Thanksgiving dinner with a private chef and almost every component was discussed first

If your daughters don't look too young then they shouldn't have muc of a problem going out with the boys, that's something for you to decide on of course in more ways than one. For the boys, not much nightlife or social scene at the Ritz but the usual bars are always agood call; Lonestar, Attic, O Bar, Calico Jacks, Royal Palms, Karoo, Abacus on a Friday, Edoardos on a Friday. You'd be fine accompanying them to all should you wish, even O Bar has seen it's fair share of parents, mine included

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 33
3. Re: First time visitor w/ teens and 23 year olds-advice

Exclusive resorts it is! Good catch-- thanks for the advice. I assume you are another member or at least friends or relatives of one. Is the turtle thing too lame?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
4. Re: First time visitor w/ teens and 23 year olds-advice

First time I stayed there was a strange one. I spotted a couple of tourists in O Bar on a particularly tourist-free night so got them involved in some beer pong at the Attic (next door) then got us a couple of bottles of vodka from O Bar once it got busy and we stayed until closing. They insisted I continue back at their place, which was at ER. I had no phone charger and my phone was almost dead, nobody knew where I was and I eventually resurfaced about 3 days later. Second time was just with some friends though, much less noteworthy!

Turtle Farm, Stingray City, Dolphin Cove/Discovery are all worthwhile side trips but they don't fill up a day each. To be honest, eating and drinking will probably fill up a greater amount of time. People don't really go out for just a meal and most of the time we'll have a few drinks at the bar, eat dinner and then return to the bar. Things like Trivia and Rock & Roll Bingo at Lonestar are great nights (Tuesday and Thursday 730pm respectively) and families often go together. Bring help, even in absentia my team never loses trivia. Beware the force that is Richard Gere's Gerbils

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 41
5. Re: First time visitor w/ teens and 23 year olds-advice

If you want something to try during the day, try a resort or Discover Scuba class. It is a great experience and if your kids get into it you might be opening up a door to a wonderful and fulfilling pass time for the whole family. My are all grown up now and on their own but it is something we still make time to do together -- next trip August to Galapagos!!!

Totally second what Saj said about Rock N'Roll bingo. We love it (I even won once -- (with the help of one side of the bar so I bought a round to say thanks!). Another fun night is karaoke night at Havana Club. Caymanians love their country music and some of them are absolutely incredible. They were more than happy to have some tourists join in. By the end of the night all the lads were happily singing their hearts out together. Great fun!

Texas
reviews: 15
6. Re: First time visitor w/ teens and 23 year olds-advice

There is an outdoor bar on 7 mile beach with a live band that they would love. The OBar is great and there is a Martini Bar that is also a blast. check out Georgetown as well.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
7. Re: First time visitor w/ teens and 23 year olds-advice

I'm guessing the outdoor bar you're referring to is Calicos. The 'Martini Bar' could be Nectar but I wouldn't recommend it, that's the only Martini bar on island, others don't concentrate on them as much. O Bar is obviously the best part of the nightlife scene

If you want to go in to Georgetown, bear in mind that it shuts down in the evening and aside from a few diners at the Hard Rock, nobody heads that way. I'm not including Cayman Cabana, Rackhams or Green Parrot in that, they still have their patrons. If you do go to the Hard Rock, steak night is recommended and see Eoghan (pronounced Owen) behind the bar

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 69
8. Re: First time visitor w/ teens and 23 year olds-advice

In addition, some nights the Royal Palms has music and dancing, and that is beachfront. Not sure of the "vibe" there, but have seen quite a few people there. Calico Jacks is fun, and I have often been there with a DJ or a live band.

Saj keeps talking about O Bar - I have to try to get there the next time I am there and check it out!

new york
reviews: 4
9. Re: First time visitor w/ teens and 23 year olds-advice

just returned yesterday with my family 24 and 23 yr olds. we all had a blast at Lonestar for rock n roll bingo. Calico Jacks for full moon party with DJ's and dancing on beach. Also Royal Palms. It is a very safe island but Calico Jacks might be to long to walk home at night. There were taxi's lined up to take back to condo.

10. Re: First time visitor w/ teens and 23 year olds-advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 27, 2014