We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities on Grand Cayman for young kids (2 and 5)

Which Seven Mile Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
Activities on Grand Cayman for young kids (2 and 5)

Anybody have a suggestion for what I can do with my 2 yr old and 5 yr old daughter? I just need to fill one day. The catamarans sound nice, but I'm not sure my 2 yr old would enjoy it. Turtle farm? Seems like lots of places won't allow kids until they are 3? I need to fill a day...any advice is welcomed!

Wilmington, North...
reviews: 54
1. Re: Activities on Grand Cayman for young kids (2 and 5)

Quite honestly, when my kids were that little all they needed was water, sand toys and my undivided attention and clapping at all their shenanigans.

The turtle farm is a bit expensive and might be wasted on your little one.

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 42
2. Re: Activities on Grand Cayman for young kids (2 and 5)

I had the same experience as fishbaby. My kids never wanted to leave the water and now that they are all grown up, they are pretty much the same way!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 16
3. Re: Activities on Grand Cayman for young kids (2 and 5)

Same for us....some pails, shovels, floaty things, looking for shells.....40 years later they still love it, although not so much shovels and pails

Tampa, Florida
4. Re: Activities on Grand Cayman for young kids (2 and 5)

Good to know about the farm! I'm worried that Stingray beach might be too crowded? We are from Florida, so both of them can swim, but they aren't strong swimmers so I'd rather avoid heavy crowds. Any suggestions?

Tampa, Florida
5. Re: Activities on Grand Cayman for young kids (2 and 5)

Thank you! Can you recommend a somewhat quiet beach that would be good for the kiddos?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
6. Re: Activities on Grand Cayman for young kids (2 and 5)

Are you coming on a cruise for the day?

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 1
7. Re: Activities on Grand Cayman for young kids (2 and 5)

Are you arriving on a cruise ship?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
8. Re: Activities on Grand Cayman for young kids (2 and 5)

oops, Sue, great minds think alike : )

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 32
9. Re: Activities on Grand Cayman for young kids (2 and 5)

If you are coming on a cruise ship, you could take a day tour out to Rum Point. Kind of far (prob 40 minute drive) but safe, protected water, snack bar with decent sandwiches, drinks and stuff for kids.

Or you could go to Seven Mile Beach (would recommend the public beach in between the Westin and the Villas of the Galleon condo complex....also further up the road there is an area with tables and a restaurant called Calico Jacks. All of Seven Mile Beach is pristine, you can't go wrong anywhere along it.

Avoid Turtle Farm. Expensive. Dirty. So not worth it. They are too young for Stingray City, will not appreciate and may even get scared.

Texas
reviews: 15
10. Re: Activities on Grand Cayman for young kids (2 and 5)

Rum Point makes for a great day with little ones. There is shade and no surf so it is safe and very enjoyable.

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach