We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin or Grand Cayman Beach Suites

Which Seven Mile Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island
reviews: 1
Westin or Grand Cayman Beach Suites

Hello,

My husband and I planning a return trip to GC (4th time!) in August. We have stayed at Westin (just us), Harbor Heights (with baby and family) and Christopher Columbus (baby and family). We are returning with just our son this time who will be two. we LOVED Everything about the Westin when we stayed years ago, but are considering theBeach Suites because of the added room space.

How is the beach in comparison? Pools? We don't know whether we should take a chance on a new property because we can spread out more in the room, or if it will be okay at the Westin in a standard room with a crib. We plan to be outside much of the time, aside from naps and nighttime. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

One added point - looks like we can have cost of Westin covered with starwood Amex points which is also making this a tough decision!

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 8
1. Re: Westin or Grand Cayman Beach Suites

Husband and I really like Beachsuites when not vacationing with several others in tow. The extra space vs Westin room a huge bonus, plus really find the kitchenette an outstanding convenience. Beach area nice, but smaller than Westin's, pool area also nice. Have stayed in several luxury central SMB condos, Westin, and Beachsuites and think Beachsuites with your 2 year old will serve you very well:-)

Grand Cayman
2. Re: Westin or Grand Cayman Beach Suites

As much as I hate to say no to a week on points, I agree that the kitchenette with a two year old would be a necessity for me. I do find the beach a bit crowded in front of GCBS but their pool area is great for toddlers. Have you thought about a one bedroom condo? It would be nice to be able to put him/her to bed and still have awake/adult time.

Grand Cayman
3. Re: Westin or Grand Cayman Beach Suites

Oops...I see now that you have a separate bedroom as well at GCBS. Sounds like that would be perfect for 3 including a toddler! Enjoy Cayman!

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 8
4. Re: Westin or Grand Cayman Beach Suites

Agree it is difficult not to use Starwood points, but advantages of Beachsuites over smallish room @ Westin on GC has made it a no-brainer for us to save those points for other locations:-). BTW, we also like to stay in a Beachsuite with full sit out balcony vs step out Juliet one. Top 2 floors (4 & 5) offer best views. Beach area directly in middle front of property can be congested during busy times; simply move to side area adjacent to next property Colonial Club for more elbow room.

St. Louis
5. Re: Westin or Grand Cayman Beach Suites

I'm trying to make the same decision! Just me and the hubs, so we aren't too worried about space. I'm more thinking about restaurant selection, location on the island and views/beach access. Any thoughts on those issues?? Thanks!

St. Louis
6. Re: Westin or Grand Cayman Beach Suites

I'm trying to make the same decision! Just me and the hubs, so we aren't too worried about space. I'm more thinking about restaurant selection, location on the island and views/beach access. Any thoughts on those issues?? Thanks!

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 41
7. Re: Westin or Grand Cayman Beach Suites

Both are extremely well situated in terms of where they are located on SMB (which is actually only 5 1/2 miles long and they are in the widest sandiest section. For that you will find lots of restaurants, shops, etc., near both. They are not actually that far away from each other!

8. Re: Westin or Grand Cayman Beach Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 27, 2014