We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather right now

Which Seven Mile Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Wales
Weather right now

Hi, for anyone in Grand Cayman right now, whats the weather like? I'll be there in July but every website I check just days thunderstorms and doesn't indicate the sun levels - i'm coming from the uk where we have had NO summer at all and I'm desperate to get a tan - so I'm just wondering - is the sun coming out at all right now or is it just hot, cloudy and humid?

chicago
reviews: 21
1. Re: Weather right now

Today- no sun, rain all day, yucky!

Yesterday- a couple of rain free hours in am and evening but no sun

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 94
2. Re: Weather right now

The weather right now has nothing to do with the weather in July. I recently read a full statistical analysis of long range weather forcasting as part of a chapter in the book "The signal and the Noise."

The long and short of it is that weather forcasters have become increasingly better at predicting short range weather forcasts up to approximately 72 hours in advance, particularly for things like probability of percipitation, tempurature, and landfall for major weather events. Beyond the 72 hour mark, weather forcasting is approximately even with simply expecting either a) the same weather as today or b) the average weather for the past 100 years on a particular day in a particular place. However, beyond 7 days (i.e. 8,9, and 10- day forcasts) weather forcasts are actually worse than simply expecting the weather to be the same as it had been on the same day in the past. About the only way to get a worse prediction of the weather a month out would be to ask TAers on the island what they think.

That said, if you're looking for a junk forcast to make you feel better, I'm here right now and I predict that the weather in July will be sunny every day with a high of 87 and a 40% chance of rain.

Edited: 5:31 pm, May 30, 2013
Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 84
3. Re: Weather right now

Current weather on Seven Mile Beach: http://royalpalmscayman.com/beachcam

I'll bet the rain is warm... :-)

Grand Cayman
reviews: 14
4. Re: Weather right now

Actually the rain is pretty cold today given its accompanied by a wind. I posted the other day that the weather, albeit rainy season, is generally very good and rain is usually here and gone within and hour or 2. It has ot stopped raining since I posted that, so I am retiring my forecasters hat!

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 42
5. Re: Weather right now

smushie, did it rain the first Monday in May? I might have the day messed up, but apparently from a cultural standpoint if there is heavy rain that day the rainy season will be heavy. Last year it was nuts, my daughter lost her mini cooper driving to Britannia and I ended up with my beautiful Caymanian pooch! We had a best day ever pumping water and finding overnight homes for all the animals at the Humane Society. With the good comes the bad and vice versa!!!

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for East End, Grand Cayman
reviews: 12
6. Re: Weather right now

LOL @ Smushie's forecast. I'll be there the first week of July, it's nice to know what to expect!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 94
7. Re: Weather right now

You should have called Retrip. I'm always happy to lend a hand. Both my better half and I are huge animal lovers.

Otherwise, for the last few days we've just been doing a bit of TKOB, hanging with friends and fam, and enjoying a few indoor activities like listening to my auntie tell me how much we need the rain and how sad her mango trees looks this year.

Grand Cayman
8. Re: Weather right now

We do need the rain! Our cistern was bone dry...I still hate the dreary, rainy days though.

Baton Rouge...
9. Re: Weather right now

I would sincerely appreciate an update on the weather. We arrive on Monday, June 3rd for the week and I'm hoping we have some sunshine during that time! Thanks.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 16
10. Re: Weather right now

caymanislands.ky/divecayman/…weather.aspx