We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking for four in a room at Courtyard

Which Seven Mile Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh, PA
Booking for four in a room at Courtyard

I am considering booking a package through Expedia for two adults/ two teens, staying at the Courtyard by Marriott grand Cayman. How do I confirm the number and size of beds? The main Marriott website appears to only have rooms available with two twin beds. Also, is the extra guest charge already included in the Expedia price? I really don't want to be surprised with an extra $350 charge at check-in.

Also, I upgraded to oceanview. Would I be able to confirm that these are 'ocenafront'?

thanks

Central Ohio
1. Re: Booking for four in a room at Courtyard

Don't know about inside room specifics, I would call the Marriott, but can tell you there are no oceanfront as the Marriott Courtyard in just a quick walk across the street from 7 mile beach. There is another Marriott directly on the beach that is a little pricier closer to Georgetown.

US
reviews: 5
2. Re: Booking for four in a room at Courtyard

I don't think that there are balconies there, so be aware that the view might be from a small window.

Akron, Ohio
reviews: 3
3. Re: Booking for four in a room at Courtyard

MarathonMike,

Don't know exactly what your looking for, but have you thought about maybe renting a condo instead??? It might save you money and you'll definetely have more room. I don't know what kind of deal your getting through Expedia, but condo is really the way to go on Grand Cayman. If you are interested in going that route, we'd be happy to help you out.

Sandy

US
reviews: 5
4. Re: Booking for four in a room at Courtyard

I agree wtih GCSandy. Usually, the pricing works out to be about the same, but the condo affords much more space and privacy when traveling with teens. Once you go the condo route, you'll never want to go back to a hotel. And, you can still go out to eat, if you'd like, but have the convenience of cooking facilities it you want to stay in.

Palm Harbor, Florida
5. Re: Booking for four in a room at Courtyard

Hi Mike, have you tried Travelocity? I know they list Treasure Island condos as one of their options whenever I do a search..... Nice place, you;d like it...

Good advice here on the condo suggestion and as Kay----------manian said, the Courtyard is across the street.... and their is no balcony..... good prices, but you get what you pay for...

"Be Excellent to one another"

Pittsburgh, PA
6. Re: Booking for four in a room at Courtyard

Thanks for the recommendation. I looked at Travelocity and Treasure Island. Treasure Island lists rooms as 2 bedroom. Do I need to call them about cost for four in a condo or is the price on Travelocity based on four person occupancy?

Also, this appears to be very close to Georgetown. I recall reading the beaches are rocky down that way. We'll be renting a car for at least a few days so can go to other beaches but it would be better if we had a smooth, sandy beach at our door step.

Also regarding the car rental, it looks like it woud be better to rent a car right off as transportation for four from the airport will be close to $200.

Pittsburgh, PA
7. Re: Booking for four in a room at Courtyard

Here is another question which reveals my lack of travel experience. My daughter is fifteen and has no photo ID that I am aware of (other than her school ID) Does she need one to travel to the Caymans?

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 1
8. Re: Booking for four in a room at Courtyard

The photo id requirement applies to people 18 and older. As long as she has a birth certificate with a raised seal, she will be fine.

Minnesota
reviews: 1
9. Re: Booking for four in a room at Courtyard

MarathonMike,

Try Tamarind Bay. We've stayed there for years and really enjoy the complex. They are 2 bed/2 bath, plus den. VERY roomy and all units just had a complete redo since Ivan. We were there in March and they were beautiful! The beach was the best we had seen it in years and it is just down from the Marriott - so it is a close walk for a cocktail or lunch.

Check out their site @ tamarindbaycondos.com

You can rent an oceanview unit for $285/night during the summer months. Also, they are part of the Summer Splash deals and if you stay 4 nights you get the 5th night free. It is a quiet complex and very relaxing!

Hope this helps!!

Enjoy

P.S. I have 4 y.o. daugthers and all you will need is a notarized copy of your daughters birth certificate - they feel for the raised seal. If you are going after December 31, 2006 you will need a passport for her.

Pittsburgh, PA
10. Re: Booking for four in a room at Courtyard

Thanks for the tip on Tamarind Bay and the info related to minors traveling documents. I don't see Tamarind bay popping up as option of any expdedia or travelocity packages and, trying to stay somewhat within a budget by combining the air and hotel, I will probably e-mail them and ask if they are linked with any agents that do package deals. Who knows?

Also, could anyone address my other two questions from a couple posts up. they were regarding occupancy charges for the two teens and rental car as opposed to pre paying for transport to and from condo ($200 for 4)?

thanks for your help.

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach