We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your own umbrella on the Westin's beach?

Which Seven Mile Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orangevale...
reviews: 57
Your own umbrella on the Westin's beach?

Still reading in many reviews that there is a lot of competition for the umbrellas & chairs at the Westin. (We will be staying there April 20-27) Thought I had found a way around that by renting our own umbrella from empty suitcases. Reading through more recent reviews of Westin here on TA & one says you can't bring your own umbrellas; can any DE's confirm/dispute that? Hoping to save the $ a phone call will cost...

TIA!

Edited: 12:42 pm, March 28, 2013
NY
reviews: 1
1. Re: Your own umbrella on the Westin's beach?

Just returned from the Westin today - we were there 3/21 - 3/28. We had to get out to beach by 6am every morning to get an umbrella - there were only about 20 on the beach and the hotel was full to capacity. Red sail rents umbrellas for $11 /day also. It does not surprise me that the Westin does not allow you to bring your own umbrella because there is a sign that states that it is a private resort and no outside food, drinks, cooler etc allowed. We did not see the signs at first and brought a few beers to the beach in a small crushable cooler and were told we were not allowed to open another beer on their property.

Orangevale...
reviews: 57
2. Re: Your own umbrella on the Westin's beach?

Since I did not receive any responses with a factual answer I dis some more hunting & found an e-mail address for the Westin (saving me that $ international call). Asked the same question & this is my response from Nick Dowler, Westin Beach & Pool Manager:

Hello,

Yes, you are able to provide your own umbrella from Cost U Less if you wish. If you have any other questions about the beach/pool operation please let me know. Look forward to your visit.

Nick

Hope this helps any future questions!

19 days, can't wait!

3. Re: Your own umbrella on the Westin's beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 03, 2014