We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pedro St James using buses

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadephia
reviews: 93
Pedro St James using buses

Hello. Does anyone know how easy is it to get to Pedro St James using the bus? We were told that it is a long walk from where the bus lets you off to walk up to the Castle. Also, are there any other sights worth visiting in the East end that are within walking distance of the Castle? Thanks for any help!

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 42
1. Re: Pedro St James using buses

Rent a car or take a taxi and perhaps stop there as a side trip to Rum Point or other points of interest.

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
reviews: 18
2. Re: Pedro St James using buses

Its is fairly easy to reach via bus, as the route is usually well covered. If you ask, the driver may drop you off at the site, if not it is a 1/2 mile walk to the "castle". You would most likely have to walk back from the site to the main road to return.

Pedro St. James is not actually located on the East End, but in the town of Savannah. I am not aware of any other sightseeing opportunities within walking distance.

Besides renting a car, there are tours (Cayman Safari is one) that stop at PSD and go on to see other sights on the East End and North Side.

Edited: 9:49 am, May 22, 2013
Macomb, Illinois
reviews: 26
3. Re: Pedro St James using buses

To add to Testudo's reply, all of the buses going to Bodden Town go through Savannah:

http://thebusschedule.com/EN/ky/

Here is the Google "walking distance" map (thanks, Smushie for making me aware of this option) from Shamrock Road in Savannah to Pedro St. James:

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en-US&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=pedro+st+james+grand+cayman+map&fb=1&gl=us&hq=pedro+st+james&hnear=0x8f258987067b8479:0xa9a85a0bc83a1db9,Grand+Cayman&cid=0,0,11401836599217746196&sa=X&ei=lcucUYaxEMKrqgHD7oHACg&ved=0CBkQtgMwAA

If that link does not work, google "Pedro St. James Cayman Map", then get directions (I used the Cayman National Bank in Savannah) and then click on the walking icon.

Philadephia
reviews: 93
4. Re: Pedro St James using buses

Thank you all for the advice. I had looked at Cayman Safari or the car rental options. Still pondering the bus option. I really appreciate your help!

5. Re: Pedro St James using buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about George Town