We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bernard Passman coral jewelry

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadephia
reviews: 120
Bernard Passman coral jewelry

Hello. I am on island presently and am trying to locate a jeweler who carries Bernard Passman jewelry. I purchased a piece from the Mansion last year and have been informed that they no longer carry his jewelry. Mr Passman'S store in Georgetown has been closed. Thanks for your help.

11. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, October 06, 2013
Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
reviews: 18
12. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

"Regardless, are there other folks who create black coral jewelry on Grand Cayman?"

Doc Carey of Carey's Black Coral Clinic carves Black coral and has pieces for sale. Not sure if Tenson Scott over on the Brac carves black coral or strictly Caymanite.

13. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, October 06, 2013
14. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

Removed on: 12:05 pm, October 06, 2013
15. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:43 pm, October 06, 2013
NJ
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach
reviews: 11
16. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

Smushie said it accurately.

After Mr. Passman's death the stores sold some of the stock for 50%off the original pricing. At the end of the business, stores were selling from 30-50% off pieces both old and newer styles.

Rancho Santa...
17. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

I need service on my Passman Ring. If I have just anyone work on it, with it hurt the value? I just received as NEW from parents trip to Cayman island cruise. It was not new, under a magnification loupe I can see

the stones are not on same flat plane, black coral has a couple nicks and the underside has lots of wear scratches. I found Raintree Black coral use to work for him is that a TRUSTED source ???

NJ
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach
18. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

BillC, I don't really know what to say about the item being new or used. If they bought it thinking it was new then they definitely should look into reimbursement. The freestanding Passman stores were closed on Grand Cayman over a year ago. A jewelry store in Camana Bay was going to sell pieces so perhaps that's where it was bought.

As for Raintree Black Coral, I have no personal experience with them. If one of my pieces needed black coral replaced I would contact them to see how they operate. If one of my diamonds needs replacing or repair, I'd do that locally. As for value... While I have appraisals from Passman's, I highly doubt if I went to a jeweler that didn't deal with black coral or know of Bernard Passman, the value would be as high as originally stated.

Rancho Santa...
19. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

Yes my parent bought two nearly identical rings. One yellow gold for my brother and one white for me. They were on a cruise from San Diego thru Panama to finish in Mobile AL. They bought from the retail store in Cayman island. Purchased as new in Sept 2010. They never looked as since their return from vacation until yesterday. Was to be a gift for when one of our parent passes. Sept 1 was a one year anniversary on my sister passing. Father (suffering from Alzheimer) wanted to see brother and I receive a priceless gift.

I found the BKP logo inside, I think its real just shocked to see it appears to have been worn and scratched, Coral has a small dent and 1/4" cut/ crack?. I'm with Father most the time and mother also concurred he Never had it out of the original box. So I'll try a couple local jewelers and see what is the best repair. Not to compromise the original NAME value.

From reading about the Passman line I do not think they would sell a ring that was not anything less then the best. All the 8 diamonds have the same cut but are not clocked at the same angle and 3 are tilted off plane.

I think Bernard would not be happy with a employee selling or reselling something that was not Top shelf. They really sold the idea Passman stores and lifetime warranty. Should have known his life was over and all sale are final.

Thanks for your help. hope I can find a good fix and this been the only issue for my first real piece of jewelery.

NJ
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach
20. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

By 2010 the original Passman company had been sold. The new group probably did sell off items that were previously owned. I am positive pieces were bought back from customers(obviously used) because I had traded 'up' a few times. It was allowed during Mr. Passman's time. But pieces were supposed to be locked away. I'd be irritated if I bought a piece and wasn't told it was used.

If you use Raintree black coral be sure to let us know how it worked out.

Get answers to your questions about George Town