We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bernard Passman coral jewelry

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadephia
reviews: 94
Bernard Passman coral jewelry

Hello. I am on island presently and am trying to locate a jeweler who carries Bernard Passman jewelry. I purchased a piece from the Mansion last year and have been informed that they no longer carry his jewelry. Mr Passman'S store in Georgetown has been closed. Thanks for your help.

NJ
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach
reviews: 10
1. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

They went out of business...totally. I am a collector and found out when I visited the Las Vegas store in March. Then I received an email this past month confirming it's closure. The business was sold after Mr. Passman's death. At that time they tried to broaden their merchandise to more affordable(and not all black coral) pieces. There was also talk of trying to enter into major department stores. I don't know the inner workings but suffice it to say it didn't work out. At some point there was legal trouble too pertaining to the coral. As a major collector I was both saddened and irritated that I hadn't been notified prior to the collapse of the business so that I could get all of my pieces inspected and cleaned. They stopped having a person on staff to do it shortly after the sale.

2. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, October 06, 2013
3. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, October 06, 2013
Philadephia
4. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

Thanks again for all of your info. Fellow T/A offer the best advice!

TN
reviews: 5
5. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

WOW ... I sure hate to hear that. I've had my eye on a particular ring there for several YEARS and was just waiting for the right time to go for it !

Philadephia
6. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

Passman has a website and telephone number. I am going to call it!

NJ
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach
reviews: 10
7. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

Info included in my email from Passman on their closure.

Last store open- Maui location 1-808-662-4212 closed May 10

Raintreeblackcoral.com (802-430-4825) is the place recommended for maintenance of Passman jewelry. They aren't honoring the lifetime guarantee obviously that was given when purchasing from Passman. However it's supposedly owned and run by a former long time Passman employee.

Macomb, Illinois
reviews: 26
8. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

I am not good with "names" so I have to ask: Did Bernard Passman make/sell black coral jewelry? Regardless, are there other folks who create black coral jewelry on Grand Cayman?

I have many "small" pieces of black coral jewelry that I got 30+ years ago - just wondering if he created it or if it might have been others?

Philadephia
9. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

No problem. Yes, Mr. Passman created many decorative items from black coral. He also did many jewelry pieces and limited edition, unique pieces of coral art. If you're interested check out ebay. There are some of his more unique items up for sale as well as some jewelry. Mitzi's sells black coral jewelry on island and while I have gone past it, I have yet to go Inside to see what she has. Mr. Passman did do some smaller pieces, but they were never IMO anything less than collector's items.

Philadephia
10. Re: Bernard Passman coral jewelry

Thank you filter14 for the info. I really appreciate it.

Get answers to your questions about George Town