We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Georgetown on Sundays?

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 7
What to do in Georgetown on Sundays?

We will be in Georgetown on a Sunday. Are stores/restaurants/attractions in Georgetown usually open on Sundays? Does anyone recommendations regarding what we can do/see? (We'll be there for a full day.) Thanks in advance! :-)

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 82
1. Re: What to do in Georgetown on Sundays?

have you checked out cruisecritic.com?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 16
2. Re: What to do in Georgetown on Sundays?

Stores in George Town will be closed, restaurants will be open. Our favorite way to spend Sunday in George Town is to snorkel. We enter the water at Eden Rock or at Rackam's Pub, followed by lunch at Rackam's to offset using their ladder.

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 39
3. Re: What to do in Georgetown on Sundays?

Are the cruise ships coming in on Sundays now????

New York City, New...
reviews: 7
4. Re: What to do in Georgetown on Sundays?

Haha, relax, we're not part of a cruise. :-) The full story is that we'll be staying on Seven Mile Beach without a car. On Sunday, my mom would like to go to church, and we have 2 choices: a church in Georgetown or a church on West Bay/Rev. Blackman Drive. Looking at the maps, there doesn't seem to be anything in/near the latter location other than the church itself, so I was thinking that Georgetown might be a better bet in terms of being able to eat lunch after church and "making a day of it" while we're already in the area. (We don't need to spend the whole day there, of course, but we're curious as to what there is to see/do in Georgetown on a typical Sunday.) In that vein, if anyone knows of anything worth exploring near West Bay/Rev. Blackman Drive., I'd love to learn about that, too! :-)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 18
5. Re: What to do in Georgetown on Sundays?

I think Breezes and Hard Rock are open on Sundays, that changes with tourist numbers though... You could stroll down to Cayman Cabana or Rackhams, Sunday is the day most of us just spend drinking somewhere

Colorado
Destination Expert
6. Re: What to do in Georgetown on Sundays?

Ah, gotcha! Why not go to West Bay and snorkel while your mom is at church?

Macomb, Illinois
reviews: 26
7. Re: What to do in Georgetown on Sundays?

Retrip,

According to the published "who is in port" schedule, one Disney ship will be arriving twice a month on Sundays, starting in November.

And for those of you planning to be on the island on 12/26/13, look out: 7 ships (with a total of 21,800 passengers) are scheduled to be in port. Yikes!

Colorado
Destination Expert
8. Re: What to do in Georgetown on Sundays?

I've been there on 7 ship days many times before. With the exception of the harbour area and various attractions/tourist bars/public beaches, you wouldn't notice a difference. It's only a brave few of those 21,800 passengers who will venture more than 100yards from air-conditioning without an accessible bathroom and a source of nutrients (beverages and food). From my hammock at Barkers, it's not even possible to tell that there are more little dots in the water at Sting Ray City since it's 2-3 miles away.

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 39
9. Re: What to do in Georgetown on Sundays?

Exactly why I don't understand why they want to build a berth . . . where are all the people going to go anyway? That said I like Royal Palms etc on a Sunday or late in the evening to meet up with friends, but it is not my cup of tea when it is jam packed. Then again I don't like queues, crowds and all the rest of it at any time which is why I guess I like to stay at my destination and not just pass through it with thousands of others. I don't live in a city either and don't think I could, but many people adore city life. Thank goodness we are all different!!

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 16
10. Re: What to do in Georgetown on Sundays?

Scheduling a Sunday cruise ship arrival is, IMO, unfortunate. As a stayover visitor, I welcome the break from the crowds and congestion that accompany their arrival........ especially on Sunday.

Get answers to your questions about George Town
Recent Conversations