We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is Hammerheads called now?

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
reviews: 10
What is Hammerheads called now?

I was in Georgetown 5-6 years ago and walked , not far from cruise terminal, to a restraunt called "hammerheads" ...they had a dive shop with lockers and a dock next door, and I snorkeled for an hour or two while my wife had drinks on the deck...when I finished they had a ladder that accessed the deck so I could join her for drinks.

It was a very cool spot with the remains of a boat and lots of fish to look at, the cruise ship even had excursions for $40 on a small boat that pulled up there and let people snorkel for an hour....I was so glad I could do it for free.

Is this now called the "paradise bar"?

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
reviews: 18
1. Re: What is Hammerheads called now?

Believe this is now the place operating at the former Hammerheads location:

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
2. Re: What is Hammerheads called now?

Cayman Cabana, much nicer than Hammerheads used to be

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 41
3. Re: What is Hammerheads called now?

I was really impressed with the breakfast choices!!! We poppoed in after checking in at the airport. Although I don't eat sweet breakfast (I had delicious smoked salmon and my other half and our friends had eggs bacon, etc) the table next to us had "Elvis" French Toast. They were all raving. The place has come a long way and the view is wonderful!

North Vancouver
reviews: 22
4. Re: What is Hammerheads called now?

My visitors are always happy to head into the water from there. Saj, is there still a shop to rent gear?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
5. Re: What is Hammerheads called now?

I'll message Ethan and find out, Papermans... For those wondering, Ethan is the big guy at Cayman Cabana, as in the 6 foot 3 former Marine that's always smiling. Top lad

atlanta
reviews: 10
6. Re: What is Hammerheads called now?

If the map is correct then this is not the place, it is way too far north.

The hammerheads I was thinking about was within a few minutes walk of where the cruise ship tenders let you off...get off, take a left and it was no more than a quarter mile. It had a large deck with a ladder on the right maybe 40 feet from the shoreline, next door was a dive shop with lockers a couple of picknic tables and a dock with a ladder. 50 yards out in front of the dock was wreckage of an old boat and you could see the cruise ships anchored fairly close. Tour boats would come and let people snorkel the wreck. I will have to dig up a couple of pictures if I can find them

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
7. Re: What is Hammerheads called now?

The newish Bing maps on TA are garbage at being accurate for marked POI locations. It is actually located where you thought it was.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
8. Re: What is Hammerheads called now?

To Papermans and others,

Cayman Cabana still has the water entry and there is a Sea Trek shop to rent gear to customers

Grand Cayman
9. Re: What is Hammerheads called now?

It's called Cayman Cabana Oceanside RestoBar!

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 41
10. Re: What is Hammerheads called now?

You can go right into the water at Sunset House and then go to My Bar which is right next to where the rinse tanks for your gear are. Also there is boats that leave from the Lobster Pot location (which is currently under a huge renovation). Can't remember if there is a ladder/shop by Rackhams. A truly lovely spot to dive and having someone hanging out waiting is Macabuca by the Turtle Farm, but that is on the other end of SMB basically.

Get answers to your questions about George Town