We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Kaibo Beach BBQ on Tuesdays worth the price??

Which Grand Cayman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montrose, Colorado
reviews: 35
Is the Kaibo Beach BBQ on Tuesdays worth the price??

Thinking about doing this as we like the experience of having live music on the beach and a beach bbq (local kind of thing). Is it worth the price or would you recommend somewhere else for a nice beach dinner (casual) with good seafood/grilled items. We are already going to Brasserie and possibly Ortanique or Kaibo upstairs for nice night out! Thanks!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 94
1. Re: Is the Kaibo Beach BBQ on Tuesdays worth the price??

Whether something is worth it is entirely subjective. However, a bbq on the beach is a tourist thing much more than a local thing. Are you staying in Rum Point? Otherwise, if you're already planning on Kaibo, I'm not sure it would be worth it to go to Rum Point twice just for dinner.

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
reviews: 18
2. Re: Is the Kaibo Beach BBQ on Tuesdays worth the price??

Just came back and skipped the food as usual and just took in the atmosphere. If you do not expect great BBQ and can focus on the vibe, 2 for 1 rum punches and soak in the atmosphere it is probably worth it. If so, so food and stretched service will ruin your night, I'd skip it.

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 42
3. Re: Is the Kaibo Beach BBQ on Tuesdays worth the price??

I tend to agree with the above comments. Locals who want BBQs on the beach with music don't go to restaurants for it! Now if you head out to a good Sunday brunch (the locals are know where the good ones are) you will be surrounded by tables of friends of families who have totally embraced this lovely tradition. On the holidays you need to book in advance at the better venues!

Edited: 8:48 am, July 03, 2013
Montrose, Colorado
4. Re: Is the Kaibo Beach BBQ on Tuesdays worth the price??

Thanks. So would u try Kurt's instead. It's on the beach as heard good things. Or.is there another local beach place besides Kurts that you guys would recommend?

Maine
reviews: 22
5. Re: Is the Kaibo Beach BBQ on Tuesdays worth the price??

We went to the Tuesday BBQ with 2 other families- 6 adults, 8 pre-teens and had a great time. The food is fine, plenty good enough and plentiful, but the event/atmosphere is the thing. It's not about fine dining. It's just fun. That was a fun evening. We would go again. I totally agree with Testudo. (I assume he's been to GC many many times, but he still went Tuesday night.)

Are you referring to Kurts Korner in North Side? That was one of our favorites too, but it's not on a beach and not at all the same as Kaibo unless there's something much more to it that we totally missed or you mean somewhere else. It's a good friendly local place with good food. We would definitely go there again too.

Edited: 9:44 am, July 03, 2013
Macomb, Illinois
reviews: 25
6. Re: Is the Kaibo Beach BBQ on Tuesdays worth the price??

I believe you had noted in an earlier post that you are staying in a condo along SMB. If this is the case, I am not sure I would suggest that you drive all the way to the North Side to eat at Kurt's Corner or Over the Edge (as much as I really enjoy both of these).

Folks who are more familiar with the SMB area will hopefully suggest a place where you can get a "nice beach dinner (casual) with good seafood/grilled items" and hopefully live music.

Montrose, Colorado
7. Re: Is the Kaibo Beach BBQ on Tuesdays worth the price??

We have a car. . So we don't mind driving but lunch instead.?

Macomb, Illinois
reviews: 25
8. Re: Is the Kaibo Beach BBQ on Tuesdays worth the price??

Stopping at Kurt's Corner or Over the Edge for lunch (especially when combining this with a trip to see the Blue Iguanas at the Botanical Garden or a trip to the Rum Point area for snorkeling or to see the starfish or just a driving trip around the East End of the island) would be a great idea, IMHO. Another option would be to do "take out" at Kurt's (eating at one of two public beaches in the Rum Point/Cayman Kai area). You can't take food onto the beach of the Rum Point Club, however.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 94
9. Re: Is the Kaibo Beach BBQ on Tuesdays worth the price??

Heritage Kitchen on Boggy Sand Road in West Bay is about as close as you're going to get for a local beachside dining experience. I've only eaten the fish there (absolutely delicious) but I believe they also serve BBQ a few nights a week. You can take your styrofoam containers and sit and eat on the sea wall or you can walk down and sit on the beach. There's also a BBQ stand in the parking lot of the boat ramp just a bit further north. While I would not recommend the food, there are picnic tables and benches along with a gazebo right on the beach where you can sit, eat, and enjoy a sunset. Others will suggest more upscale options which are great but not "local."

Montrose, Colorado
10. Re: Is the Kaibo Beach BBQ on Tuesdays worth the price??

Ok. Gotcha. Assuming u can go to Kaibo without actually eating the bbq .. what if we eat at Upstairs and then go down to beach to listen to music and drink. Is that Permissible? Plan on hitting HK! Tx all!