We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather is about to make me go crazy

Which Grand Cayman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Knoxville TN
Weather is about to make me go crazy

Just ranting. Sun has not really been out since Saturday. Waters are very rough too so I have yet to see the calm glassy waters SMB is known for.

Love the island though but getting really tired of this dang weather. It has reduced the world class beach to that of a regular average beach.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 18
1. Re: Weather is about to make me go crazy

It definitely is a bummer when the weather doesn't cooperate. Unfortunately, nothing we can do will alter what happens with Mother Nature. There are many activities, places to see and things to do that aren't reliant on good weather. You didn't mention anything else so I"m assuming you haven't done anything along those lines? I'm hoping you get some decent weather before you leave. This is what can happen this time of year on the CI's...

Texas
reviews: 23
2. Re: Weather is about to make me go crazy

I agree! Looks like tomorrow will be nice, but that can always change.

We went diving this morning, and are staying in today. Going to head up to Rum Point if the weather breaks, but looks like its going to be a lazy day laying around the house.

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 21
3. Re: Weather is about to make me go crazy

It's never fun when you plan an outdoor-oriented vacation and the weather doesn't cooperate. Didn't have the greatest weather in TCI in November so I can sympathize.Unfortunately this hasn't been a good year for weather in many places, including here in the States. For the 4th, it looks like many will continue to "fry" while lots of us are going to have a wet one, which will definitely impact our activities here too. Hopefully you'll have some great beach time soon.

Knoxville TN
4. Re: Weather is about to make me go crazy

Yeah unfortunately with a 2-year old, all we do is lay out on the beach all week long (maybe a couple of shopping trips for the wife). Actually it is a bit of a blessing..my little one likes to be out all day and he would be toasted by now being out in full carribean sun. But definitely wish the waters were calmer though...it looks like the Atlantic haha lol

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 21
5. Re: Weather is about to make me go crazy

james330, Just noticed you are from the Knoxville area. Take some consolation in that the weather hasn't been the greatest around here this week, with thunderstorms,some severe, almost every day. Cooler than normal too. 70-80% chance of rain for the next 3 days. Hope this lessens your disappointment in the GC weather some!

Edited: 4:07 pm, July 02, 2013
New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 41
6. Re: Weather is about to make me go crazy

Your little one might love a trip to Camana Bay and it will give the rest of you a break. Bring a towel and cover up for her. There are lots of little fountains and water spouts to play in and the delighted sounds of children are all around. You can sit out and have a nice bev of choice while watching you little one dance around with joy or do some window shopping or just plain enjoy the view!

Knoxville TN
7. Re: Weather is about to make me go crazy

Oh been to camana bay many times. Sunday brunch was awesome at Michael's and Haagen Dazs is a nightly rituall.

@barbp..yes noticed that back home is getting drenched as well. Crazy weather all around the globe I guess. Maybe I'll just stay for two weeks here next time :)..surely it can't rain for two weeks straight

Edited: 4:16 pm, July 02, 2013
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 88
8. Re: Weather is about to make me go crazy

I arrived the last week of May and it rained continuously for the first 8 days (3 storm fronts, one on top of the next). I've never seen that much non-stop rain in decades. On the upside, the water was like glass once things cleared up.

Fingers crossed!

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
reviews: 18
9. Re: Weather is about to make me go crazy

This 2nd tropical wave, less than 2 days after 1st does kind of suck. Snorkeled Eden Rock/Devil's Grotto, today. Got to see the Silversides, yah! Had lunch at Abacus in Camana Bay. Nasty squall came through at Bodden Town and followed us back to Rum Point where it sits now. Tomorrow is another day.

Texas
reviews: 23
10. Re: Weather is about to make me go crazy

It's pouring in Bodden Town now. The wind has die down, so I guess that means its moving slower across the island. Looks like we're in the the rest of the day. We've been running since we got here, so kind of enjoying a lazy day.