We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We now have a Holiday Inn again!

Which Grand Cayman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 74
We now have a Holiday Inn again!

The Grand Caymanian resort has now been officially branded a Holiday Inn, with a lot of refurbishments.

The fractional units on the site don't change, apparently.

www.compasscayman.com/story.aspx?id=126478

New Hope...
reviews: 25
1. Re: We now have a Holiday Inn again!

I am not too excited given the location.

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 42
2. Re: We now have a Holiday Inn again!

Who did they used to be affiliated with?

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 21
3. Re: We now have a Holiday Inn again!

I think it was Ramada.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 16
4. Re: We now have a Holiday Inn again!

I remember the original Holiday Inn on Seven Mile Beach, and there hasn't been anything like it since it was demolished. I watched some of the wrecking, very sad, sadder to see the monster that was built in it's place. It had a very special atmosphere enjoyed by locals and tourists alike, so I can't get too excited about this new venture.

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 42
5. Re: We now have a Holiday Inn again!

Yes Ramada sounds familiar!!! I have friends who bought dishes and other bits and pieces when the old Holiday Inn was leaving. At the time it was how the were able to cost effectively stock their apartment --- now they are treasured as memories of a different time on the island!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 19
6. Re: We now have a Holiday Inn again!

Useful for many as I believe IHG's frequent guest program is the largest by membership in the world, so probably a lot of people looking to redeem some points at this property. At least I can entertain the beach bar patrons with my drives off the 12th at North Sound, or as I like to refer to them, the 'Condo roof rattlers'

Illinois City...
reviews: 7
7. Re: We now have a Holiday Inn again!

Speaking of the old Holiday Inn....does anyone know who the chef was at the Pub? and if so, where he/she went? We had the best lasagna there many yrs ago and haven't forgotten it. We always wonder where the chef went that made it........?????

8. Re: We now have a Holiday Inn again!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 05, 2014